Experimenting Sports Designs: Hornets-Saints Crossover

supermati

For a re-color, it looks like it needs an awful lot of cleaning up. the fills seem very sloppy (though I'm an offender there as well) and I'd like to see you at least attempt to recolor the logos and work up a full set. If you're going to do a re-color at leatr make it look like you put effort into it.

Yeah, giving full effort is like...so overrated and stuff. Amateur status and lack of high end software is not a good enough excuse to give minimal effort. Sorry, dude. Good idea, but sloppy.

Now, with that said, I agree with your original premise that the Hornets would look great in Saints colors.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yeah, giving full effort is like...so overrated and stuff. Amateur status and lack of high end software is not a good enough excuse to give minimal effort. Sorry, dude. Good idea, but sloppy.

Now, with that said, I agree with your original premise that the Hornets would look great in Saints colors.

True, true, a thousand times true. (Jigga, I knew you'd be all over this. Allow me a moment at the pulpit to back you up...)

As an MSPaint user - and only MSPaint - it does suck having to spend a lot of time to make your work presentable. Sweating every last pixel and every last detail is tedious. But the details matter, and it is a reflection on you. That's the thing; how you present your work speaks volumes about how you present yourself. Most of us don't know other members personally, so all we have to go on is the persona that you project. You're basically saying that you're trying to show your concept to the world (and while not novel, it is something you felt moved enough to create), and you know it's not clean, but you don't care that your vision comes off as sloppy. Expect to be judged accordingly. And MSPaint is no excuse; neither is a lack of effort disguised as "inferior drawing/design program".

And no, Fatty, we're not all "pros". But some people here are, while others just love the forum and the discussion material. There are people here who can make your work better, and if you're willing to put work up for review, you must be willing to take criticism. Just because you think your vision is the new Sistine Chapel doesn't mean everyone will agree. If there are things that need work, people here will tell you. Don't take it personally, but consider the source(s). They're there to help you, challenge you and make you better at getting your concepts out exactly as you want them to be seen, at their very best.

So... go back, put in the effort to have your work, and yourself, represented by a high standard of quality. You're not that far off, but you've got some work to do before you get there.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I would personally love to learn how to make designs with better applications, it's really hard to make something look good on Paint, no matter how many changes you do, it always seem to look pixelated.

How do you guys recolor? Straight up? I'm getting hard times figuring darker and lighter shades of the original color to put over every pixel.

Hi guys, great site you've got here. I've always been interested in designing sports uniforms myself and had no idea there was a whole community doing the same.

Anyway, I only have MSPaint myself. Its not really worth me buying anything else. It is annoying having everything coming out a bit pixelated, but I like the simplicity of Paint as it allows me to get my ideas on the screen quickly.

I like the Hornets jersey Supermati, I reckon it'd be cool if you tried the Saints jersey in Hornets colours.

Archived