Stay or leave

vicfurth

I need some advice. There is another board (Major League Baseball message board) that I used to go to a lot, now not so much. A lot of trash, arguing, explicit stuff, none of which is being dealt with by "moderators". Do I stay there & deal, or do I abandon them?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

You guys are just reiterating what I already thought. If you don't know, I am a Christian, and the Bible says to protect your heart with all vigilence. The post titles over there are sometimes worse than the actual posts themselves. You can't even go on the main board without seeing all kinds of garbage. Why do you think this board is so successful. Here, on the front page CC says nothing will be tolerated. I do understand that most of the trash over there is probably pre-teens acting all big on the Internet, but I still have my principles. Thanks for the advice.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Vic, I am an atheist. As an atheist, I also understand I am in the minority, and I won't try to get into religious discussions with anyone. Much like one's sexuality, income, political beliefs, your religion is no one's business unless you make it theirs. If people want to express their religious convictions, that is fine. If I feel a post is getting too religious, I just won't follow it anymore. But I think the moderators do a very good job here keeping the flames of war at bay. Although some posts seem to take very odd tangents and have 8 pages of posts before going back to the original topic.

Posters here who are very antagonistic either have their posts locked or they are removed. This is much better than the Fanhome board where 2 or 3 certain posters monopolize the topics (as I make 10 posts today :D )with insults over their favorite cities.

I would stay here if I were you, but, like someone else said, it's like asking someone else if you should marry someone; if you have to ask, you already know the answer.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

JP, I respect your post. I wasn't trying to make this into a religious discussion. I think you miss the point, I'm not leaving this board. I never had any intention of leaving this board. :) All I was saying about my faith was because of my faith, I was choosing to leave the other board.

Archived