DC United Logo Concept II

notkirkcameron

My second go-around at a new DC United badge. For a club with as much success as they've had, their badge is a tad...err....cartoony. I got rid of the red top, returning it to its present white and devised a four-quarters shield, minimizing the bird, and adding in the flag of DC, the trademark three stripes (so they can be retained even if they switch kit manufacturers, and a simple image of the Capitol.

2gw53ko.gif

Don't like the adidas three stripes in the logo, also the quarters just look like 4 totally seperate elements thrown together, so the look is very incoherent, and the right hand side of the shield needs a lot of clean up. Sorry to sound so harsh, but there it is. I also think the placement could be aided by switching the position of the 'adidas' quarter with the current crest, so that the two simplistic elements and the two more complex elements aren't adjacent to each other.

Also, as a DC united fan (check the sig) I don't think the current logo is that cartoony. I also don't think your concept is an improvement over it.

Again, this comes out way less friendly than I mean it to, but that's my two rusted westminster gates (that's 2 pennies to you)

I think your concept is too complicated. If your objective is to make the eagle less cartoony, do that and make the eagle the focal point. If you want to make a quartered shield, each of the elements should be simple. Here's a relatively simple quartered shield from England for Southend United:

Southend_United_badge.gif

Archived