United States of America Concept

speedy

I looked up all sorts of articles on flag etiquette, and everything on there indicates that the stars should be in the upper left-hand corner.

However, seeing that photo of the serviceman, I'd have to say the U.S. military is very up on how a flag should be represented in a patch. So I would stand corrected.

However, it still looks wrong. This photo of Neil Armstrong looks right:

Neil Armstrong

neil's is correct, too...

the blue field with stars always faces the front of the person. regardless of the arm.

You'd better turn the flag around. That's improper use of the U.S. flag, having it facing left.

Actually, it's not... for a military uniform. Sports teams throwing around military connotations is annoying enough without them mimicking military uniform standards. So, I guess I agree with you to an extent.

cttdolphins2.png

You'd better turn the flag around. That's improper use of the U.S. flag, having it facing left.

Actually, it's not... for a military uniform. Sports teams throwing around military connotations is annoying enough without them mimicking military uniform standards. So, I guess I agree with you to an extent.

yes it is a military uniform code, not a requirment. This is way when I do it on my teams I coach I use it on the right with no reverse field. However, because I usually have a POW/MIA patch below it I have considered the reverse field, but when I went looking for the flags it was difficult to find reverse field. And I would put them on the left arm but I have a theory there too, about soiling the flag and it has less chance to be done on a players right arm versus the left. I know it is picky but it just a theory.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Note that Neil Armstrong is wearing the patch on his Right Shldr - whereas the baseball uniform and the soldier's ACUs have the patch on the Left Shldr.

My son is in the 82nd Airborne - when I see the patch, it catches my eye too - but the flag goes on the left sleeve and the flag must be going to the back of the person.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Not an improvement.

Regarding the flag patch, I'd like to see the U.S. national team actually follow the U.S. Flag Code, which establishes that it is improper for athletes to wear the flag on their uniforms. It's only the official rules of flag etiquette and all.

20082614447.png

Archived