Tony LaRussa stands up for...The Cubs?!?!?

no97

Anyone else see this on SportsCenter last night/this morning? Apparently (I can't get the Post-Dispatch web-site to work worth a damn this morning), they wrote a disparaging article about the Cubs in advance of this weekends series in St. Louis, and LaRussa went nuts on one of their reporters in the post-game press conference after last nights game saying, "that's not how you treat guests to our town." Now, I know that Tony and Lou Pinella are good friends, but this is supposed to be a rivalry, right?

Moose

edit - found some links to the storys. Here's what LaRussa was upset by, and here's the story about LaRussa's blow-up...

Anyone else see this on SportsCenter last night/this morning? Apparently (I can't get the Post-Dispatch web-site to work worth a damn this morning), they wrote a disparaging article about the Cubs in advance of this weekends series in St. Louis, and LaRussa went nuts on one of their reporters in the post-game press conference after last nights game saying, "that's not how you treat guests to our town." Now, I know that Tony and Lou Pinella are good friends, but this is supposed to be a rivalry, right?

Moose

It doesn't matter. It's not how you would want to be treated in an opposing town, and he simply has too much respect for the game. Besides, this was always more of a friendly rivalry, until dumb@$$ Dusty Baker got there. He's the one that essentially caused all the hostility between the two teams. I think now with him gone, it'll go back the way it was. Plus, on the Cards side, you also don't want that kind of inspiration for the other team, taking a copy of the paper, putting it up on the locker room wall for everyone to see, and be like a "See, no respect. Let's prove 'em wrong" kinda thing.

Archived