Double colors?

MonkeyWrench32

Phoenix is wearing their orange alternates and Sacramento is in their road purples.  I don't ever recall seeing this (excluding the Lakers and their home yellows).  Has this ever happened before?

Note, I don't follow the NBA as much as I used to, so I might've missed this in the past.

Another thing:  BOTH teams above 25 after one quarter?!?!  AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!   :D

When I referee a basketball game, one of our techniques is to refer to teams by one-syllable colors, like "red", "blue", etc. There's no way I could call either team in this team "red" or "blue"...but "purple" and "orange" is a pain. Dark & light maybe? If one wore white, then you could call the other red or gold or blue, but this one is crazy.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

When I referee a basketball game, one of our techniques is to refer to teams by one-syllable colors, like "red", "blue", etc. There's no way I could call either team in this team "red" or "blue"...but "purple" and "orange" is a pain. Dark & light maybe? If one wore white, then you could call the other red or gold or blue, but this one is crazy.

On the last Gus Macker team that I was on, the refs referred to us as "maroon".  Well, we did play like a bunch of maroons...

Phoenix is wearing their orange alternates and Sacramento is in their road purples. I don't ever recall seeing this (excluding the Lakers and their home yellows). Has this ever happened before?

Note, I don't follow the NBA as much as I used to, so I might've missed this in the past.

Another thing: BOTH teams above 25 after one quarter?!?! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! :D

above the college ranks, i know i've only seen it when the Lakers play, maybe once or twice when the Pacers wore their alts at home (i'm positive they have since introducing them, though i can't recall when)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

So that's officially why the refs in our game today were referring to us as "red". We wear orange jerseys, and I was wondering why they were doing that. The one-syllableness was the only logical reason I could think of, even though I say "orange" more like a one-syllable word, but then again I'm from the south  :;):

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

So that's officially why the refs in our game today were referring to us as "red". We wear orange jerseys, and I was wondering why they were doing that. The one-syllableness was the only logical reason I could think of, even though I say "orange" more like a one-syllable word, but then again I'm from the south  :;):

i was wondering about that...been wondering for five years when i was watching some JV girls hoops.  my school wore yellow, the other team wore orange, and the refs referred to them as red...to the refs, thanks for explaining. :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

yeah, we try to keep the color names short and simple

it gets hard when you have one team that's teal, the other is light blue, it does get confusing

sometimes maroon becomes brown, and dark blue becomes black too

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived