New York Knicks Concept

Ben5

First off, I like Sgoalie19's concept, and that is where I got the idea to do one of my own. But I felt his was too bland, too generic. Sans the logo on the back and belt, it could be any random New York team. So I did what I hope is justice to this franchise.

First, I put Knicks on the home jersey; I think it's time for that. Secondly, I redid the logo. No more 3D Superman style text. I keep the orange numbers, mainly because the white numbers on Sgoalie19's concept just looked weird. Finally, I went with a simple striping pattern on the sides because the Knickerbockers don't need anything fancy.

knicks.png

Clean, Simple, I like it.

But one small nitpick

When I look at the home jersey script the "K" looks different than the one in the logo. On the logo, the top of the "K" comes to a point and stops. On the Script it comes to a point and comes back down and stops.

NIce look, but is it me or do these look like the old Nets jersey from around '94.

it reminds me of the 94 nets too.

i have always hated the secondary knicks logo. i was always a fan of the "superman" logo as well as the ny combo. the NY reminds me too much of the mets and yanks too. i think the font should be different in this concept, but i really like it overall.

Wow those are fantastic, everything change you made to the uniform fits perfectly. Nice script, clean jersey, good logo.

Only one thing that needs a tweek. Put some space between the letters on the home jersey.

Also reminds me too much of the old Nets jerseys.

But, as far as criticism on the jerseys go, the players name on the road jersey should be in white.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I like the primary, but it feels kind of... empty... with the white triangle. I wonder how it would look if you made it grey.

Also, try importing the "Knicks" wordmark directly from the logo to the jersey. And change the lettering on the subway token on the shorts from white to blue. Or even bring back the Yankees' NY and use that (make sure it's the NYY version since the Knicks already wear the Mets colors... that way it doesn't look like favoritism towards either team).

Archived