The name is Jurassic, but they call us J5!

Eye

Howdy, back again with part 8 of the HHHL.

Here are teams that are completed so far:

N.W.A

P$C

Stones Throw Records

Onyx

Black Eyed Peas

Flipsyde

Dipset

Jurassic 5 formed in 1994 when two separate crews came together, the Rebels of Rhythm and Unity Committee. J5 recently, and I mean RECENTLY split for good. They just finished their final tour, and the reasoning for this split according to Zaakir (aka Soup) is that many members of J5 want their own piece of the pie. Folks want their own spotlight and to get that members of J5 felt they had to go solo. I feel that Jurassic 5 was finally getting more mainstream, as opposed to underground due to the release of their final album, Feedback, which featured the song "Work It Out" featuring the Dave Matthews Band. Also, "Work It Out" is one of the tracks in NBA live 07, further emphasizing my opinion. So in essence J5 was around from 1994-2007. Jurassic 5 consisted of Akil, Zaakir (aka Soup), Mark 7even, DJ Nu-Mark, Chali2na, and Cut Chemist (who left the group in 2005. CC was not on Feedback, as it was released in '06, a year after he left.) Chali2na is the most famous member of J5, as he has collaborated with many other MCs. He also released his solo debut album, Fish Outta Water, in 2006. In all, J5 came out with three albums and an LP. Jurassic 5 LP, Quality Control, Power in Numbers, and Feedback. Shame that they split, IMO. I enjoyed 'em since the early 00's when I found out about 'em.

The home uniform: Primarily orange with the J5 logo in maroon, outlined in white. Sleeve and sock stripes are black/white/black with the names and numbers in white, outlined in black. Names and numbers for all three unis are the Cincinnati Reds font. Collars are black, pants are black, with an orange/black/orange striping pattern down the sides, helmets are orange, and gloves are black and orange. Ok, now my favorite part of this concept. The striping pattern on the bottom of the uniform. Sleek lookin'. Just straight up sleek, smooth, and bad ass. Guess where I got the striping pattern from. Come on, guess! 'Tis from the cover of J5's album, Feedback. A picture of each member's face is featured on a, sort of looks like a bar graph type thing, in red, green, yellow, orange, (and I am not sure but possibly brown.) Well, I outlined it, and then flipped it around so that it could take up the whole bottom of the jersey. The rectangles that don the bottom of the jersey are white, outlined in black.

My inspiration for the jersey striping...

Feedback.png

The away uniform: An inversion of the home, simple as that.

The alternate uniform: A home uniform, in the primary color of the J5 logo, maroon. J5 logo is orange, outlined in white. Sleeve striping, names, and numbers are white, outlined in black while the "Feedback" striping is orange, outlined in white. Collars are black, while domes and socks (with a white/black/white striping pattern) are maroon. Gloves, socks, and pants are the same on all three concepts.

Miscellaneous: Asymmetrical numbers... well slightly. The numbers are asymmetrical, only on double digit numbers. However, the base of each number is equidistant from the tallest rectangle in the "Feedback" striping pattern. The only thing makes a number asymmetrical is when the top portion of it drapes out further than the base. This only occurs for a few numbers, however. Lucas McFadden aka Cut Chemist dons the home uni (and yes, I know CC left J5 in '05, but I couldn't find the last names for anyone else besides...) Charles Stewart aka Chali2na who dons the away and DJ Nu-Mark aka Mark Potsic who dons the home alternate sweater.

C & C as usual. Thanks!

Primary unforms:

Jurassic5primaries.png

Alternate uniform:

Jurassic5alternate.png

-E.A.R.

Go Reds' Font!!!

the design is good, love the color combo

Yeah, I thought the Reds' font just sort of flowed with this concept. The colors remind me of the Flyers, though the orange I used is not their's, but rather a custom orange that I made adjusting the RGB colors.

-E.A.R.

Man, that s**t is dope! I could wear that for a day at the races (if you listen to J5 you'll get it).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I checked your designs, and they're outstanding. As a fan of hip-hop (in particularly, the old school kind), these are really cool. Keep up the great work. If I can offer a suggestion/request...you should do a Wu Tang Clan set. Between their original lineup (including the late great ODB) and their associates, you have a full roster to choose from.

Really creative man! Great work!

Thank you, kewp.

Man, that s**t is dope! I could wear that for a day at the races (if you listen to J5 you'll get it).

Yes, but could you also wear these at a Concrete Schoolyard? :D Thanks for the praise, I appreciate it.

I checked your designs, and they're outstanding. As a fan of hip-hop (in particularly, the old school kind), these are really cool. Keep up the great work. If I can offer a suggestion/request...you should do a Wu Tang Clan set. Between their original lineup (including the late great ODB) and their associates, you have a full roster to choose from.

Thank you for the comments. A Wu-Tang set will be coming, so be on the lookout for that. Just don't know when I will unveil it.

Thanks for the C & C, all three of you guys.

-E.A.R.

Archived