Detroit Pistons' court

Max Power

I was watching the Bulls/Pistons game last night and from one of the camera angles I saw "2 Daly 4 Dumars 10 Thomas" listed on the baseline out of bounds area. I assume the rest of their retired numbers are listed there too. It's the baseline opposite the team benches so the view on TV is obstructed by people sitting in the first row. Not that I watch a lot of Pistons games, but I had never noticed this before. Does anyone have a good picture of this? Thanks.

That's kind of cool. I can't think of any other team that's done that.

I was watching the Bulls/Pistons game last night and from one of the camera angles I saw "2 Daly 4 Dumars 10 Thomas" listed on the baseline out of bounds area. I assume the rest of their retired numbers are listed there too. It's the baseline opposite the team benches so the view on TV is obstructed by people sitting in the first row. Not that I watch a lot of Pistons games, but I had never noticed this before. Does anyone have a good picture of this? Thanks.

Wouldn't it have been "11" for Isiah Thomas?

QPR%20Sig.png

Wouldn't it have been "11" for Isiah Thomas?

D'oh.

And I went to IU so I followed Isiah too.

Actually, I'm not sure if all the retired numbers are there. I know that owner Bill Davidson's name is on there without a number. But, I think its just those four, maybe Bill Laimbeer too. They make a big event out of court name revealing, have a half-time ceremony. Its like a way of celebrating the past but with people whose numbers have already been retired. Its pretty cool. But, they didn't do them all at once. One at a time.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Archived