My logo concept

nyjet88

I am trying to get a nice clean, simple logo. I didn't want too much involved in it at all, and originally just thought of text. I tried to mess around with a couple of things and though this might be nice.

Version one has the gradient just straight, whereas version two has a curved line cutting the gradient.

Please, C&C.

reemin.gif

Also, can PC users please tell me how this looks? Everything looks a bit darker on them.

Thanks!

Looks simple, clean, and elegant, but I hate the "Reemin'". That apostrophe makes the whole thing look cheap.

Just one thought.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Looks simple, clean, and elegant, but I hate the "Reemin'". That apostrophe makes the whole thing look cheap.

Just one thought.

Thanks for the input. The "Reemin'" is a play-off of my last name, "Riemen".

I will try it that way too, just want to hear everyone's thoughts.

Thanks again! :D

I'd just make it your last name + design. It's not as gimmick-y and confusing. I'm not a huge fan of the web 2.0 look for the logo either, and the line with the web//logos//print doesn't really fit with the rest of the design. You may want to consider working with the colors (try dark grey instead of black to go with the yellow - it will soften the brightness of the yellow while maintaining readability), and switching to a san-serifed typeface.

OD_Signature.jpg

I'd just make it your last name + design. It's not as gimmick-y and confusing. I'm not a huge fan of the web 2.0 look for the logo either, and the line with the web//logos//print doesn't really fit with the rest of the design. You may want to consider working with the colors (try dark grey instead of black to go with the yellow - it will soften the brightness of the yellow while maintaining readability), and switching to a san-serifed typeface.

I appreciate your input and like the comment about dark grey. The only problem I have is my last name. If No one knows how to pronounce my last name, let alone spell it.

Any suggestions?

Also, what sans-serif font would you reccomend?

i'd recommend several sans-serifed typefaces:

-avenir

-frutiger

-interstate

-DIN

-univers

-trade gothic

-camingo

-futura

-gill sans

-itc avant garde

As far as your name, don't worry about that. if you want to play up the pronunciation, i have a couple of suggestions: 1, use the phonetic spelling (like you'd see it in the dictionary) or do something like ree-men design or ree+men design. I still think it should just be riemen design, and like i said, don't worry about mispronunciation - people will get the spelling from the logo ;)

OD_Signature.jpg

here's something for you to consider: simple, efficient, clean.

riemendesign1.gif

Thank you. I actually thought of doing that grey after the orange color. That has a nice look. I will be playing more with it tonight.

Thanks!

whynot make something a bit more original? nothing wrong with simple and effective but they dont have to be non-descript and boring. no offense geordi, i know you were refrerencing fonts mate.

these are some logos i have made in the past. i would consider these to be 'nice, clean and simple' without being too nothingy. sometimes it quite nice to just have a little mark to use as well. it doesnt need to be an advert listing all your skills. perhaps you can create something with a cutdown version?

ive just noticed there is an rd logo in them. did it for my bro (rory) years ago and i think its reasonably effective. hope this is of some use to you.

/fd

fraserlogos.jpg

but if you dont like those ideas, here is my take on the yellow/ grey one. using dax. its a nice font for stuff like this.

dax.jpg

Does everyone agree with the "Riemen" over "Reemin'"

Thanks for the input!

Yes.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I think it's good to go.

You might want to add a catchphrase though. All the top houses do it. Something like:

Riemen Designs

"Reamin' You One Way or Another"

That way the play on words will let them know what the pronunciation should be.

I think it's good to go.

You might want to add a catchphrase though. All the top houses do it. Something like:

Riemen Designs

Just like the way you've reamed many teams out of money for crappy concepts, Tom?

philly.png

I think it's good to go.

Riemen Designs

"tom o'grady: when you cant be :censored:ed to get other companies to pitch"

something like that.

Archived