Keyshawn Johnson retires

otherwilds

Posted on Tennesean.com this morning

Keyshawn Johnson retires

By JIM WYATT Staff Writer

Veteran wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson seriously considered resuming his football career with the Tennessee Titans.

But a job in television with ESPN was just too good to pass up, according to his agent. Johnson will officially announce his retirement at a press conference on Wednesday

He visited the Titans last week, and agent Jerome Stanley said the team made him an offer he nearly accepted.

?They offered in the $7 million-$8 million range over two (years) with a substantial portion of it guaranteed. It was tempting. But at the end of the day ESPN deal was so strong,?? Stanley said. ?The numbers (from ESPN) were unbelievable, and it just made the most sense after all he has done in his 11-year NFL career.??

That contract money figure seems high consider the titans have done little this off-season with A or even really B-list freee agents. I assumed they were going to wait out the June 1st salary cap purge and see who was available at that point and maybe Keyshawn would be more affordable at that point should no one else have signed him between than and training camp.

RobbyBox2.jpg

I'm just wondering when the carpentry division in Bristol is going to start building a bigger desk for the Sunday Countdown show.

They parted ways with Michael Irvin, but added Keyshawn, Emmitt Smith and Bill Parcells (I just realized that that's a naueatingly high ex-Cowboy count on that show) .... to go along with Berman, TJ, Ditka and Steve Young at the main desk.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

These NFL shows are getting ridiculous now.

Keyshawn is probably getting more money from ESPN, because 32 teams know he was overrated to begin with and is not as good as he used to be, and not worth a big money deal.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

These NFL shows are getting ridiculous now.

Keyshawn is probably getting more money from ESPN, because 32 teams know he was overrated to begin with and is not as good as he used to be, and not worth a big money deal.

The Titans were going to pay him 7-8 million over 2 years so i doubt ESPN is offering more money.

Archived