KC Royals Alternates

aragin66

The Royals uniforms of the late 70's, early 80's to me were among the best. The light blue jerseys were beautiful. Well I kind of went back to the light blue uniforms as alternates. Also I changed the hat color to a darker shade of blue..and since they are the ROYALS, i'd figure that a little gold wouldn't hurt.

C&C please.

Royals.jpg

It's nice and clean, but I personally don't like the colors. No royal blue is used for a team called the Royals with a history of royal blue? It seems to be following the fad of light blue, navy blue and gold (Chargers, Nuggets). That light blue you are using also appears much darker/deeper than the ones they used in the 80's.

I like the uniforms, overall, but is there really that distinguishable of a difference to use it as an alternate? If you're going to do that, why not just bring back the throwback uniforms? About the only difference in schemes in Kansas City's history has been the darkness of their colors, I just don't see the difference between this and the throwback being enough to warrant an entirely separate uniform. You did a great job, but for an alternate it just seems like a lot of trouble that could be solved by just wearing the throwbacks.

Archived