College Baseball Concept

The A-Train

I really tried to combine some old and new elements with this concept. The pinstripe jersey really isn't much different than the current design. I did update the wordmark a little. The cream jersey is basically a throwback, I took many of the aspects of former Ole Miss uniforms into this design. The chest wordmark and the red pants stripe especially. The Gray road uniform is also a bit of a traditional uniform. In my opinion a simple uniform works best for a baseball road uni. The red and the blue alternates are where I tried to get a little more modern. The red brimmed hat for the blue uniform is however a throwback. The shoulder inserts bring add a little more to the uni than just haveing the typical plain alternate. The number font works well I believe because it works with both the throwback and the more "modern" uniforms. It blends well.

Enjoy, and C&C is welcome.

Ole Miss Baseball

can the cream jersey. however i do like the home and away sets. I generally don't like gray roads but on this concept i like the road grays since it fits the Miss Rebels. Gray obviously being a reference to the gray uniforms worn by the Rebels during the ACW.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Going to disagree respectfully with C2C.

LOVE the cream set. Easily the nicest of the 5.

And the gray road set is perfect as well.

Since I've always said that there is no good reason a team needs an entire closet's worth of uniforms to play a series of games, so we're going to need to pare this down IMO.

Scrap the red alt, and ditch the all navy and white/red caps. Go with the blue/red cap full-time, as it uses both school colors very well.

Put the "Ole Miss" script on the front of the pinstripe home set and ditch the blue alt. The pinstripes with "Ole Miss" in the traditional script is about what they have now, but since their logo (non-Colonel Reb division) is the script "Ole Miss", it's a natural fit for a baseball uniform heavily dependent on wordmarks. The "Rebels" is anice update, but it doesn't fit the Ole Miss look, since the school has been using that script wordmark forever. As long as it's in use, any other script would look out of place on an Ole Miss concept. The road grays work, and the cream set is a perfect home alt.

Nice work!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Use the Ole Miss script that they use and this would me really nice. I'm also not a fan of the block M, looks like Michigan and Missouri too much, but if the school really uses it then I guess it's cool.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Just an explanation as to why there are so many different uni's. College teams like to have three uniforms that they can wear on a particular weekend. This makes it easier with laundry and such. So for this particular set the at home Ole Miss could wear the Pinstripes, Red, and Blue. The cream would be a home uni but only worn for big games like Arkansas and Vanderbilt do with their cream. Then on the road the team could wear Gray, Red, and Blue. Also Ole Miss currently has three hats, Blue, Red with blue bill and Gray with blue bill. I personally think that the white hat and the red billed blue hat look better than the two current alternate hats.

Absolutely correct on the college uni issue. Gotta have as many as you can, especially for tournament play.

In fact, the other day I was looking to see how many different styles South Carolina had worn this year in game action. I counted nine. Three home white variations (including two with pinstripes), three road gray variations (two with pinstripes), two garnet alternates, and one black alternate.

Not to mention five different hats.

By the way, nice shot on the concepts. Like the OLE MISS unis best.

Absolutely correct on the college uni issue. Gotta have as many as you can, especially for tournament play.

In fact, the other day I was looking to see how many different styles South Carolina had worn this year in game action. I counted nine. Three home white variations (including two with pinstripes), three road gray variations (two with pinstripes), two garnet alternates, and one black alternate.

Not to mention five different hats.

By the way, nice shot on the concepts. Like the OLE MISS unis best.

I have done most of the uniforms for South Carolina if you want to see them at www.gamecockwiki.com

Archived