Redesigning the NHL for 08

maz

As far as the Avs design I think it would look better if the black was ditched completely. I am a big fan of simplicity and think all jerseys should use no more then 3 colors. Just my personal opinion, but i have always thought the Avs should ditch the foot shoulder patch, I think it just looks dumb.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, trying rebound from the past couple concepts

Day 9 Concept 9

The Colombus Blue Jackets

Colombus08cs.png

I used the three-stripe ohio flag on the jersey, and the star-flag logo since not only is it what they use now, the CBJ logo just sucked. Also, I know there are no sleeve numbers. Thats because im using RC's number sets for paint and the one for Colombus didnt include sleeve numbers, and I am far too sloppy and impatient to make my own sleeve numbers.

Next will be the Dallas Stars.

oBIgzrL.png

So far, everything is good. Not great, but solid.

However, I am starting to sense a redundant theme & variation. There are a few notable exceptions, like Calgary, where it's more than the solid color body + sleeve stripes + waistline stripes = sweater formula, and the Flames is easily your best yet. Because it's out of the usual mold. But really, what is the major difference between, say, the Bruins, Sabres and Blackhawks in this series?

Also...

CAROLINA - No to changing the colors of the flags. The warning flag isn't the warning flag if it isn't red with a black square. The point of having it in the design is lost if you screw up the colors. Add a white stripe on top of the flags, but don't screw with an established international symbol to fit your design - if you're going to use it, use it the way the world knows it.

COLORADO - Holy Black overkill, Batman! A color the Avs shouldn't even use at all now occupies a huge portion of their uniforms? And the straight lines do a major disservice for a team located in the Rockies, named for a phenomenon that occurs in the mountains. This design begs for silver/gray or white jagged mountains.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

So far, everything is good. Not great, but solid.

However, I am starting to sense a redundant theme & variation. There are a few notable exceptions, like Calgary, where it's more than the solid color body + sleeve stripes + waistline stripes = sweater formula, and the Flames is easily your best yet. Because it's out of the usual mold. But really, what is the major difference between, say, the Bruins, Sabres and Blackhawks in this series?

I agree taht my concepts in this series are very bland and similaar to each other. But how I make these is I put the logos on the template and see what I can do with it. Now the Flameslook like that because thats what I wanted to do. It seems my best concepts come when I already know what im going to do.

So, on that note, Im changing the series so its no longer a new jersey every day, but every 2 or more days, so I can get and idea and think it through more, and hopefully make it either less like the real one and less like my previous ones.

oBIgzrL.png

In a perhaps futile attempt to save this series from boringness, monotony, and blandness. Basically the same thing over and over and loss of intrest from the board therefore this topic becomes only resurrected by me posting new concepts and becoming annoying.

In short, though its not a couple days like I said it would be, I tried something alittle different for this concept.

Day 10 Concept 10.

The Dallas Stars

Dallas08cs.png

{as you can see I made some changes to the template I used to make it a more complete concept}

Next team, providing this goes well, will be the Detroit RedWings, which may prove to be an even greater chllenge.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived