Redesigning the NHL for 08

maz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Blackhawks, I'd not touch a thing. And, since that defeats the purpose of your redesign, one request: don't, as 98% of Hawks concepts do, add unnecessary tan accents.

Love getting rid of the black on the flames. I'd rather see conventional striping on the sleeves, but I'd take these. Overall, these are looking pretty good.

Agreed. Glad you ditched the black, and I really like the flames on the sleeves. Overall, you've done a nice job.

The Blackhawks sweater is a classic, and I don't think there's much you can change on that.

Okay folks. For day and concept lucky number 7 we take it back to Chi-Town

The Chicago Blackhawks

Chicago08cs.png

I didnt want to change the original too much so I eliminated the black below the stripes on the white version and added a black stripe on the red version to make it like it was in the 50s {as opposed to the single black stripe theyve had recently}, and made the stripes on the jersey more like the sleeves.

It aint the original but for the sake of the series I had ot change it.

Next is the Colorado Avalanche. As before, suggestions for that and c&c on this would be much appreciated.

oBIgzrL.png

It's not very difficult to change one little thing on a jersey and call it a CONCEPT.

AllyB96

Quest for the 25th : HABS ALL THE WAY !

Vincent Lecavalier - 1998 NHL Draft - 1st pick overall, TB - from Rimouski Oceanic, LHJMQ

lecavaliersignature.jpg

1996-1997 CHL Rookie of the Year -- 2003-2004 Stanley Cup Champion -- 2004 World Cup of Hockey Champion and MVP -- 2006-2007 Maurice 'Rocket' Richard Trophy Winner -- 2 Times NHL All-Stars Game Participant

It's not very difficult to change one little thing on a jersey and call it a CONCEPT.

ok, lets see you completely redo the Blackhawk's look but keep their classic look. If youd campare their jerseys with my concepts youd see there really is quite a difference. Some teams, you just cant change too much. I guarantee that as I do the newer teamsc or those with jerseys that arent as good, etc. that there will be more originality on my part.

oBIgzrL.png

And if this was a stand-alone "concept" I'd be on board with you. However, since he is doing an entire league, that's different. Certain teams (particularly many in the original six) are going to need, at the most, touch ups.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I understand that you were obligated to make a few changes, but I don't like what you've done with the Hawks. Minor though they may be, and while you gave them more consistency, the changes are bad, IMO. Especially making the white area on the hem of the home jersey red.

But that's just me.

Day 8 concept 8

The Colorado Avalanche

Colorado08cs.png

What I did was take the third jersey, and made the stripes on the sleeve the same as that on the bottom, and made a white version. I also scrapped the diagonal "Colorado" script, and replaced it with the regular logo.

Next team will be the Columbus Blue Jackets. As before, suggestions for that and c&c on this would be much appreciated.

oBIgzrL.png

Eh, looks a lot like the Canucks, and this goes into the category of adding too much black when it isn't needed. You need to lessen the black, and I have always thought that the Avs need more white in their dark sweater because, well, avalanches are white.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

first off I want to say you did a good job making these concepts, and I dont mean to insult, however...

colorado, carolina and anaheim are alright.. the rest seem boring... like they arent much different at all.... aside from the flames, which looks a little toys'r'us to me.

edit- I changed my mind.... Carolina looks really good

I love the Av's white jersey you made maz. I'd buy it, and I hate the Av's!

The maroon one compliments it really well too. I'm not a fan of colored jerseys myself (unless it's dark blue or black), but your concept keeps what is familiar (the 3rd jersey) and cleaned it up for a complete new look. The only dig at anything is the numbering on the white jerseys. Dark and double outlined, it can be tough to look at or make out from far away.

The emphasizing on the black and cutting out the silver is exactly what Colorado should do.

Archived