Redesigning the NHL for 08

maz

Well, there have been may times before that ive started series and never finished them. But this time since im bored out of my mind this summer I might as well finish this one. Basicaly all im doing is taking every team in the NHL and giving them a new jersey design on the RBK edge template. I am not doing new logos and not doing new number sets or colors. THe only thing that is different is the jersey design.

When I finish, I plan on re-doing some of these based on suggestions.

Finished Teams:

Anaheim Ducks

Atlanta Thrashers

Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres

Calgary Flames

Carolina Hurricanes

Chicago Blackhawks

Colorado Avalanche

Colombus Blue Jackets

Dallas Stars

So, without further ado heres concept number one:

The Stanley Cup Champion Anaheim Ducks

Anaheim08cs.png

I decided not to deviate too much from their current set because IMO its a pretty good jersey, it just needs to be done better.

So, I decided to split up the curved line at the bottom with orange and gold. I decided to use more orange since thats what they use for everything {rally towels, merchandise, arena decoration}. And also, I decided to use the "webbed foot D" instead of the full script, because having a script logo on a jersey is just wrong.

Also, it looks blurry because of the program I used to resize it {its a large template}

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it, except for the white parts on the home jersey. That just doesn't sit well with me. I think it would look much more classy if it was all black.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

It's not a bad concept...far from it. But if people weren't comparing it to the Penguins uniforms before, they would if these were real, thanks to the white cuffs.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The DUcks should use the D as the main logo, the current one blows. I like the flow of the jersey, it looks great man.

Pritch77 is totally right. SOmeone else did a similar concept but it look slike everyone like the big "D" on the jersey instead of the "Ducks" on it. I think it looks really nice man . Hope to see the rest soon.

Thanks for the comments guys. About the Amaheim set. I tried all black but it looked too similar to the current one and didnt looked to plain to me.

Now, for the next concept

The Atlanta Thrashers

atlanta08cs.png

Unfortunately, because of the blur after the resize, the stripes done look like I made them.

Anyways, I kept Atlanta's latest "Blueland" movement and emphasized the two blues more. I used the overhead thrasher as the main crest because I thought it fit better with the color scheme. And I used the thrasher head as the shoulder logo. I know it looks very plain, but sometimes simplicity is key.

oBIgzrL.png

ive always liked that logo, and i think u did a good job with it. simplicity is good. im glad u ditched the atlanta down the sleeve, thats just garbage.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

ive always liked that logo, and i think u did a good job with it. simplicity is good. im glad u ditched the atlanta down the sleeve, thats just garbage.

Agreed, but I like the vertical sleeve striping on that jersey.

If you could do something like that on these jerseys, maz, they'd be near-perfect. As it stands right now, the striping a bit weak, IMO.

As for the Ducks, make the white patches on the home black and you've got a winner.

Keep it up man.

About these concepts. Im thinking when I finish the series that I will go back and redo some based on your suggestions.

Now, for day 3 of the series is concept 3:

The Boston Bruins

Boston08cs2.png

I decided to just redo their old jerseys from the late 60's early 70's. Two major differences are that the stripes do not run across the bottom of the jersey, but, rather further up, and on the white version there is a patch of black below the stripes. Also, I kept the same crest for both jerseys rather than recoloring. And I used the old, simpler spoked wheel.

In case you havent noticed im going in alphabetical order, so the next concept will be the Buffalo Sabres. I already know where Im going with it, but itd be nice to hear your ideas.

oBIgzrL.png

The Bostin Bruins

Boston08cs2.png

I got no complaints about that one, brother. I really like th estripes on the shoulder and the return of the more simple spoked B

I would be disapointed if Reebok could make the B's uni as nice as this.

Is there a drop shadow on the names or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Okay. Day 4. Concept 4.

The Buffalo Sabres

Buffalo08cs.png

Its obvious I was going this direction. The only real difference is that the stripes on the blue version are white and gold rather than just gold.

Next is the Clagary Flames. Suggestions?

oBIgzrL.png

I like the Sabres concept. I would switch the yellow and white stripes on the blue jersey. That way there will still be more yellow, but the difference of the white as the smaller stripes.

For the Flames you should make the crest white and minimize the use of black.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived