Redesigning the NHL for 08

maz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducks are an improvement. I like the D as the primary crest, though I can live with the current wordmark crest they have. Jersey striping is looking nice as well and since you chose the D webbed foot as the logo, the stripes flow with the logo as well if you can see what I am saying. Nice work here, Maz.

Bruins are fine. You went with a more old school look here and I like it. Nice job.

I'm not a big fan of the Thrashers. It seems like there is too much blue. I know you kept with the Blueland movement, but tone down the blue just a bit. I'd also like to see the Thrasher shield back as the crest because it has been used on every uniform in their brief history, even though I understand why you went with the overhead Thrasher for the crest.

I like the Sabres and how you made them look more old school. These threads are fine and are my favorite so far, along with the Bruins.

Nice job on all of these so far, Maz. Keep 'em coming.

Patsox, where did u get that baseball sig? It looks like crumbled up paper. I see the point of it..it's cool..but I dunno.

And no, I'm not a Yankees fan.

I made it myself :D

Patsox, why can't you put the same effort you put into that sig of yours into your concepts? I say this because I like that sig.

-E.A.R.

Patsox, where did u get that baseball sig? It looks like crumbled up paper. I see the point of it..it's cool..but I dunno.

And no, I'm not a Yankees fan.

I made it myself :D

Is that a Photoshop filter? It looks good.

I like this for the Flames. I always thought they should try a fire design instead of stripes. I think the Hurricanes are pretty good right now, stay as close as you can to their current uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I love the Flames re-design! It looks really cool, did you use the older Flames logo without the black outline? I think that was a better look. As for the Hurricanes, their uniforms are already nice, but I am looking foward to seeing your re-design, so far they have all been great. FYI- I liked the light blue Thrashers idea.

YankeesSig.png

Brendancopy.png

NewJerseyDevils2.png

I'd kind of like to see a P at the end of that Flames nameplate just for fun and to satisfy the inner history nerd inside of me.

haha. I thought of that. The only real reason I did the three c's was because I'm using RC's number sets and the one for Calgary didnt include numbers, so I used the captain's C.

oBIgzrL.png

Now day 6 concept 6

The Carolina Hurricanes

Carolina08cs.png

Basically all I really did was simplify the stripes.

Next team is the Chicago Blackhawks. Suggestions for that and c&c on this would be greatly appreciated.

oBIgzrL.png

Calgary-I'm glad that you got rid of the black.

Carolina-I'm glad that you added some black, and didn't give in to the temptation to make a black-based jersey. However, I thnk the storm warning flag design loses a lot on the red jersey, since the flags are now white and black. But making them their customary red might make them get lost on the jersey. I'm not exactly sure how to solve this.

Love getting rid of the black on the flames. I'd rather see conventional striping on the sleeves, but I'd take these. Overall, these are looking pretty good.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived