Taking it back to the U-N-I-VER-SI-TIES...

tBBP

You may have been in that 1% or 2% of the community that even had an idea upon first sight... :D

Which begs the question: is anyone in here actually from or currently residing in--or have ever resided in--Wyoming? Talk about states you never hear about, unless it's referring to Yellowstone...

To answer your question, I haven't. I've been to Wyoming, but never lived there. I'm not sure why, but when I heard "Cowboys" I thought "Wyoming." Perhaps it had something to do with Wyoming telling a local high school in Minnesota that they couldn't use their "bucking cowboy" logo.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Whew...back from a 29-day training exercise out at Ft. Bliss, TX...and back to doing what I know and love...concepts! And while I was out there, I concocted a lot of ideas for several concepts; this is the realization of one of those here.

Before I go any further, I can guarantee NO ONE IN HERE knows what concept is coming. You didn't know when you read the title! (Okay...MAYBE three or four of you may have guessed, but I promise that's about it!)

Being that this is the third college football set I've completed, I think it's time to make a series of these. Here's the first two sets:

South Florida Bulls

UNC Tar Heels

And now, as promised...time to go see 'bout dem Cowboys...in LARAMIE.

That's right--this one here is all about (wait for it)...WY-O-MING! (Yeah--when's the last time you saw someone concoct a concept for DEM BOYS? Outside of Moser's Wyoming baseball concept, uh...how 'bout NEVER?! I know...I checked!)

I, along with probably 90% of the community, knew close to nothing about Wyoming, the university of it, or anything else about it other than the capital city being Cheyenne. (Don't ask--I'm like a capital-city geek or something.) One thing I DO know is that I love their silhouetted cowboy logo. I think there's a reason that thing hasn't changed since 1960-whatever year they started using it (I don't have the fact sheet right in front of me)--it doesn't need to. Another thing that hasn't changed--or, at least didn't up until 2002--is the basic look of the Cowboys' football sets. White dome, brown jersey, athletic gold pants. Now, sometime around 2002, the school changed to the "prairie gold" we've seen for the last five years. There is a rumor floating around out there that the U. of Wyoming may be reviving the athletic gold, and that rumor is what spawned this concept...along with being the first CCSLC'er to make a U of Wyoming football team concept. So I guess I'm a pioneer now. :D

To start with, Wyoming's uniforms have--or had--so much potential. Just the colors alone allowed for that. And true, generally three uniform items in three different colors gets frowned upon, but Wyoming's been doing it so long it's become damn near traditional for them, so I didn't stray from that formula at all. In fact, traditional is the buzzword for this concept--actually, I reached back into Wyoming's uniform history and found a set that was rather nice looking--it came from around the late '60s-early '70's era, and that's basically the template I used; I just "freshened it up" a little.

The primary set of this thing follows the same basic U of Wyo layout--white shell with cowboy logo, but with gold/brown/gold stripe this time, brown home jersey with the 70's-era shoulder stripes (albeit in reverse order--white/gold/white as opposed to the other way around), white numbers trimmed in gold, and gold pants with white/brown/white stripe. The white jersey's stripes are gold/brown/gold to match the helmet. Two notes on the jerseys: one, I fashioned a new "WYOMING" wordmark out of a western typeface, and two, I shrunk that wordmark down significantly (I think it's time Wyoming moved away from that big ol' wordmark across the front; reduce clutter, know what I'm talkin' bout?)

After doing this set, I realized just how much I actually liked Wyoming's previous football set (before the prairie gold), and I believe this set here could, if adopted in real life, stand the test of time and represent Wyoming football rather well. BUT...that's the purpose of posting these, to see how the masses view my idea.

SO...here it is, folks--the University of Wyoming Cowboys football!

PRIMARY HOME/AWAY

UWcowboys.png

And...to satisfy all the Curious Georges out there, I also concocted two other versions of this. They are below:

SECONDARY HOME/AWAY

UWcowboys2.png

THIRD/ALT HOME/AWAY

UWcowboys3.png

Holla at me folks..I ain't been around in a while, so tell me what you think!

Can you tell me where to get a templete like that

Ive never really done it before and i like this templete

so could you tell me where you got it?

or just send me the templete

Thanks alot

75931971_7677159a3c_m-1.jpg

UT.jpg

AppalachianState.jpg

The template is mine. I created it.

Anyone who wants to play with this thing, get at me via IM with a good e-mail address...and if any of you that I've sent it to know others who want to use it, feel free to SHARE!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Best. Template. Ever.

More sports than just football coming soon?

Actually...I HAVE made forays into the world of basketball and baseball before...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived