Blue Jays ALT logo

GypsyHunter

This is my first item that I have done. I am not expecting praise, I am expecting something around you ripping me a new hole. Please if you have ideas about how to enhance this logo please just write itout, it will take you 30 seconds and give me a wealth of experience to work with. Please say why it doesn't work so I know for the future. I amready to eb bashed to the fullest extent.

What I did:

The Jays log has had the Jay head and the "J" since 2004, I took a spin on it and switched the "J" with a "T", It is a minor change, but I like it a bit more than the "T" they use in away games right now. I do have the"T" on ym Jays hat right now but I would wear this. I also cut the right edge off the "T" and replaced it with one of the same nature to the left. It seems a bit lopsided but I need you guys to tell me if I'm right about this (I'm not sure if it is good enough.)

BlueJaysALTcopy.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

see, teh thing with the maple leaf really scares me, I have seen the designs with the red in them, and I just don't feel that the BLUE Jays need red... the 2002 lgo was jsut pure garbage. And I wouldn't want to make this thing worse.

EDIT: I was thinking about how this could be even remotely possible, and Ive found a way, what if the the head was on the left and the Maple leaf was on the right?

Thanks, is there any way to salvege this? My original idea was using the ALT "T" and the Jay head but it looked quite a bit like the original logo.

First off good start! And there is a way to salvege this. Start the T at the notch that is at the top of the head, and extend the blue to fill the gap. You could also add a maple leaf on the right side of the T.

Not to Hijack but this is one I did a few years ago when the current logo was debuted.

jayccmod1.jpg

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Gonna break ranks with the masses here.

I like it.

It's not the best thing I've ever seen, but their current logo is ass. The bird head doesn't flow any better out of a "T" than it does a "J". Why? Because they're two elements that should not be placed together as one cap logo! Most teams use monograms; the Blue Jays are among the small handful of teams that don't. Which is fine. But you don't need a logo AND a monogram, as the Jays have done. Furthermore, you don't need to compound your error by using the monogram of the nickname instead of the city/state where the team plays. Finally, the current cap logo is too wide to be effective as a cap logo. The only cap logo that got away with being hideously wide was the old White Sox "SOX" caps from back in the '80s, and that was a consequence of the times. For my money, the Jays have the worst caps in MLB. And while you didn't fix it entirely, you righted one of the wrongs entirely, and made the logo a little narrower, which partially resolves one of my other major gripes. It's a step in the right direction, if nothing else.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks, is there any way to salvege this? My original idea was using the ALT "T" and the Jay head but it looked quite a bit like the original logo.

First off good start! And there is a way to salvege this. Start the T at the notch that is at the top of the head, and extend the blue to fill the gap. You could also add a maple leaf on the right side of the T.

Not to Hijack but this is one I did a few years ago when the current logo was debuted.

jayccmod1.jpg

Ok but the thing I was thinknig about (doing it today hopefully) is to just have the jay head going into a maple leaf, it would look kinda like yours but the J wouldnt be there.

Closer. I think you need to get the top part of the leaf the same height as the top of the bird's head. Perhaps also eliminate the line dividing the head from the leaf and make it on seamless image.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Better, but have you ever :censored:ing seen a blue leaf? I sure :censored: haven't. That looks stupid no offense.

Give real criticism, please. The Cubs use a blue bear. Is it " :censored: stupid?" How about your light blue whale tail/fishhook "stingray"....is that " :censored: stupid?" Grow up.

Like VitaminD, I actually liked the original. The only real glaring problem there was the top of the bird's head and how it met the T. Honestly, if you just got rid of the black are atop the head, having the bird under the top of the T, it'll work better IMO. I'd also see how it looks witht he current alternate, stylized "T".

One of the big troubles Im having is creating a logo, and then polsihing it so it looks like a real logo. I have drawn out a completely new design that looks interesting, but I am having a very hard time vectoring, plishing and just getting it to be "good". Any tips? tuts? or examples would help me out.

One of the big troubles Im having is creating a logo, and then polsihing it so it looks like a real logo. I have drawn out a completely new design that looks interesting, but I am having a very hard time vectoring, plishing and just getting it to be "good". Any tips? tuts? or examples would help me out.

You just have to concentrate REALLLLY HARD. And pay attention to every little :censored: detail.

Archived