Martin luther king day

Saintsfan

Just thought I would start a thread to pay tribute to one of the most truly remarkable men of the 20th century on what would have been his 75th Birthday.

Very few men have campaigned as strongly and yet with such dignity for what they believed to be right. A man truly of courage, conviction and peace.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

MLK was truly a great man, with a great message. But his movemnet, his message has become hijacked by the likes of Al Sharpton, and others in that mold, looking not for equality, but superiority. I hope some day that the blacks in this country realize how the are being used by the Democratic party, and others only looking to secure votes or further their own agenda, and fight for their freedom of mind. They fought for their freedom from oppression, and segregation, and won, now it's time for the black man to fight for his thoughts, and not be bullied and lied to by the likes of the liberal party, who think if they give them welfare and keep him on the lower rung, he'll vote for him because he doesn't know better. The Democratic party is full of the most racist people in the world, but with the friendly liberal media in their pocket, they can lie to people and hide the truth, because no one will report it...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Democratic party is full of the most racist people in the world, but with the friendly liberal media in their pocket, they can lie to people and hide the truth, because no one will report it...

That is true, about the Democratic Party, it was most of the Slave Holders that belong to that party, but that was then this is now.

BRING BACK THE  " KNOW NOTIHNG PARTY"

At lease we was there, where was St. Louis, Dallas, Philly, Kansas City, Green Bay, Tenn, Seahawks, Denver, Indy, and the Ravenspantherplayoff.jpg

Let me tell you how uninformed some black people are of their own cultural icons. I remember my fiancée telling me once about a guy we knew going to work and getting into a discussion with some black guys about MLK, Jr. These guys believed that the reason he is famous and the reason we celebrate his birthday is because he freed the slaves.

<font color='#000000'>MLK was truly a great man, with a great message. But his movemnet, his message has become hijacked by the likes of Al Sharpton, and others in that mold, looking not for equality, but superiority. I hope some day that the blacks in this country realize how the are being used by the Democratic party, and others only looking to secure votes or further their own agenda, and fight for their freedom of mind. They fought for their freedom from oppression, and segregation, and won, now it's time for the black man to fight for his thoughts, and not be bullied and lied to by the likes of the liberal party, who think if they give them welfare and keep him on the lower rung, he'll vote for him because he doesn't know better. The Democratic party is full of the most racist people in the world, but with the friendly liberal media in their pocket, they can lie to people and hide the truth, because no one will report it...</font>

<font color='#000000'>David Duke ran as a Republican for governor of Louisiana. David Duke was also Grand Wizard of the KKK.

And the Democrats are racist?

Last time I checked, blacks in the US and Canada can vote for whoever they want. Maybe the MAJORITY of blacks, not all blacks, in the US think the Democrats best represent them.

Maybe it was some sarcasm, Nitro? I hope? :(</font>

Just because you say you have the best interst of people in mind doesn't make it so.

I wonder why the Democrats want to keep minorities leeching off of welfare, and not to advance themselves? The democrats are keeping minorities on the ground with their foot on their throat, just for votes. it's sick.

sB9ijEj.png

So, how are they keeping poor people down?  Welfare keeps food on peoples tables.  Want to take that away?

Everybody will do what they want to do.  Democrats aren't telling blacks or any race not to get a job and work by giving them welfare.  It's personal choice whether a man wants to make themselves better or not.  Isn't that what you and Tank constantly preach?

But most people would sit on their ass and do whatever else they wanted if they keep getting a check from the government. Welfare is a good thing, it helps those who have fallen and need to get back on their feet. But living off of it, that's what i have a problem with, and the Dems seem to be alright with that, as long as they get the votes...

It's basically free money for votes. And i lived in some of the worst parts of jersey, i've seen and i have lived the welfare life. I also have heard the general apathy for life most people on it have, and they don't care if they do nothing the rest of their lives, as long as the government supports them. They vote democratic not for any great ideaological reason, they do it to keep the money coming. and the Dems know this, so they play to that.

It's like the immigration issue, neither Democrats nor Republicans will do anything about it, because to democrats is votes, and to Republicans, it's cheap labor. The immigration crisis won't get solved in this country because neither party wants to fix it...

sB9ijEj.png

.....So, a day to honour one of the best men ever!  Wish we had it here!

I agree!  We should have a holiday that honours this man as well.

I have a feeling that the government would see it as an Americanising of Canada, which is a shame because it wouldn't be anything like that.

I bet a large chunk of the canadian public would like to see a canadian holiday honouring MLK Jr.

And I hope one day his true words are heard and understood, and not some political figures twisted versions of them.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

And I hope one day his true words are heard and understood, and not some political figures twisted versions of them.

couldn't have said it better...

sB9ijEj.png

quote]

David Duke ran as a Republican for governor of Louisiana. David Duke was also Grand Wizard of the KKK.

And the Democrats are racist?

I'm black. And, last time I checked, blacks in the US and Canada can vote for whoever they want. Maybe the MAJORITY of blacks, not all blacks, in the US think the Democrats best represent them.

Maybe it was some sarcasm, Nitro? I hope? :(

Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia is a former KKK member and a Democrat. He is an old Senator and is the old guy always balthering on about his dog, when he filabusters.

At one time he was the Democartic leader in the Senate.

A few years ago he used the N word in a speach, and was given a free pass becuase he was a democrat.

When LBJ wanted to pass Civil Rights legislation he needed Republican Senators.

Sure we have people like David Duke run for Republicans, and he is irrelevant.

But the Democrtas do not deserve a free pass, when they have just as when sheets in the closet.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Let us not forget that the Republican party harbors two of the most bigoted and conservative Christians in the country, Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson. The conservative Christian agenda has been historically linked to the Republican party. This party has long been trying to bring make their religious beliefs law, such as banning abortion, basically banning homosexuality, forcing God into government buildings, etc. The bottom line seems to be to cast out those who do not follow their beliefs, i.e. everyone but White Christians (obviously no where near as extreme as the Ku Klux Klan, but you see where the roots came from). When I think conservative, I think controlled and supressed.

Isn't liberal supposed to mean a lot more is allowed and tolerated? If so, how can Democratic be the party that is more bigoted? The Republicans have been the party synonymous with keeping the rich richer (remember the Reagan administration?). Who were the rich then? Old White Men.

I suppose the point now is that I don't think Martin Luther King Jr. would be affiliated with any party right now. Except maybe the Green party. Sharpton and Jackson have long since embarrassed the Democratic party and the social and cultural advancement of blacks and African-Americans with their stereotypcially asinine behavior and pointless Affirmative Action lawsuits. And there are too many conservative Republican bigots in the media calling those who don't agree with them nonconformists and saying everything but calling for violence against those same liberal thinkers.

We should never forget the words and actions of Dr. King. There should be no colors...only people. If there are people that don't want peace and harmony for all races, maybe they should move somewhere isolated so they can "purify" it themselves.

I know I'm going to take a lot of heat for these, and it sounds hypocritical, but I hate getting into political discussions. But both sides of the line need to be represented.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived