design signature

heernumurr

this is a logo i've come up with to use as a signature and for any concepts i post in the future.

can i get some C&C please as this is the first time i've posted something like this and i want to know if its anywhere near the kind of stuff other people post.

melogo.gif

i'll have to post a picture of myself for comparison, but im told its a very good likeness!

I really like your 'self portrait', although it seems as though it's just kinda on top of the circles, rather than working with them. Perhaps adding somewhat of a body to yourself, and having that contained within the circles. Right now, it's just a disembodied head floating. Also, I'd work on making the lines within the portrait a bit more consistent as far as thickness. For the text, try typing on an arc, rather than distorting the letters. A good start - just keep working at it.

it must be tough to draw such an eaccurate depiction of yourself if you dont have any eyes!

seriously tho, there is a lot of unused space, the line width differa little too much for mine and could possibly all be a bit smoother, and i might not use the colour on the face, just leave white. otherwise not bad start.

tried some of what you said and this is what ive got:

logo2.gif

- firstly, ive changed the portrait so its a little less rough.

- the width of the black lines was off, so after trying different things i got rid of them, and i think that and the new portrait has made it look a lot smoother like you suggested.

- also decided not to overlap the head with the circle, and i think thats helped the "floating head" syndrome!

only thing i couldnt try was the writing. dont have illustrator so i'll have to write it normally then cut and paste the individual letters into a curve.

thanks for the good advice, i personally think its ten times better now with the changes that were suggested. further C&C would be much appreciated.

the second one is definitely better than the first. I like the color. Maybe try taking the head out of the circle and using it just with a wordmark?

thats the first thing i tried but it was a bit awkward looking. i will give it another try though.

Archived