Bruins concept

Ramirez#24

you asked for it.....they look pretty much the same as the uni's the bruins are wearing now (i prefer the striping on the actual bruins unis), except for the name and number font (cooper black?) which just looks out of place to me. that said, i think your striping on the winnie the pooh alt is better than the current, but i don't like the black sleeves. maybe if the sleeves stayed white and the stripe on the bottom of the sleeve was black / yellow, it would look better. also, the crest is just too big.

The Alt. reminds me of a pajamas.  Wish they would go back to the jerseys they used before the expansion jersey set.  Those were the best ever, became a Bruins fan the first time I saw them in it, then became a Bruins hater the first time I saw them without.

Let's go Pens!

The Alt. reminds me of a pajamas.  Wish they would go back to the jerseys they used before the expansion jersey set.  Those were the best ever, became a Bruins fan the first time I saw them in it, then became a Bruins hater the first time I saw them without.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mikey, my thoughts exactly! Although, I can't say I've become a Bruin hater because of the jersey change, I can tell you that I've lost 95% of my interest in this organization because they switched (among other reasons too) from those classic solid white and solid black uniforms back in 1995. They were mean and classic uni's! If the B's want to bring some of us old timers back, they can start by bringing back those uni's.

I liked the switch the Bruins made in 95. I never thought the unis they had from 79-95 were that special. They were very simple, and not very colorful. The addition of the shoulder & sleeve striping was a good way to modernize the uniform. The bear was better than what they have now though. The best part of the change is the new spoked B in use now.

People say the current set looks too much like an expansion team. When I think expansion, I think of angular stripes like Anaheim or Colorado (Hello St. Louis and Islanders' fisherman). The yellow alt does look too trendy, but the other jerseys look good.

If they were to change again, the Bruins should use the current spoked B with the throwbacks they're using this year, and get rid of the Charlie Brown jersey.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

That's funny JP, I thought the 79-95 uni's were a nice modern update of the previous uni's. The update in 95 (current uni's) is OK for a non-Orginal Six team. I liked how the B's had a solid gold rim spoked B on the black jersey's and a solid black rim spoked B on the white jersey's. Now, they use the same spoked B for both home/away jersey's. The current spoked B on the away jersey looks horrible, it's almost black on black -- NASTY.

Tradition, that's what the B's gave up on in 1995.

I won't even get started on the 3rd jersey!

So.. there not to great. Oh well at least I tried, maybe as I get used to illustrator, ill be able to make better concepts

Now listen here... they aren't so bad... but a few things could change. The logo's a little big and seems just a little skewed. This picture of the Bruins' current unis should give you an idea on how large to make the logo on a jersey concept.

Also, using a font like you have for the name is a little too tough to read, due to the varying widths within the letters and the serifs. Might I recommend a simpler font for the names at least?

Next thing... consistency in the trim. For instance, on the home jersey, black never borders yellow without a white separation... except on the shoulder trim (and on the pants, but that's a lesser concern).

Lastly, and it's a minor one, you'll find very few teams wearing white helmets at home.

Keep it up... the original six are tough because they're usually pretty plain. It's usually much easier to do concepts where you are not restricted by that much tradition.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I really, really, really like these actually. The striping is quite boring, but somehow it looks awesome. The numbers should be block and the logo should be smaller, but that is all minor. These are great. The alternate isn't so good, actually, but the main ones are good.

As for the Bruins current look, it too is really nice. A good modernization of what they had.

And ba big BAH to the Original Six reference. Explain it all you want to me how everyone says that, or how that was hockey's hey day. There were four teams when the league started in 1917: the Montreal Canadiens, the Montreal Wanderers, the Ottawa Senators (old), and the Toronto Arenas (Maple Leafs). Two of those teams, the Canadiens and the Maple Leafs, still exist. Boston, Detroit, Chicago, New York (Rangers), and those two teams really just make up the Surviving Six.

just got back from seeing the 'Ruins thump the 'Angers

, it was vintage night and boy did the 'Angers stink on ice

not only in their play but in their attire.

The 'Ruins need to bring back either of the two sets

and call it a day. They both look good and both

speak to their heritage of being an orginal 6'ers.

They looked so good on the ice tonight, the yellow was a bit

bright but classic striping never looks dated. The Brad Park / Happy Gilmore jerseys are great too. As a Sabres fan growing up I remember how intimidating those black unis looked, they need to go back to what works. Put the pajamas back in the

armoire and embrace the past.

just got back from seeing the 'Ruins thump the 'Angers

, it was vintage night and boy did the 'Angers stink on ice

not only in their play but in their attire.

The 'Ruins need to bring back either of the two sets

and call it a day. They both look good and both

speak to their heritage of being an orginal 6'ers.

They looked so good on the ice tonight, the yellow was a bit

bright but classic striping never looks dated. The Brad Park / Happy Gilmore jerseys are great too. As a Sabres fan growing up I remember how intimidating those black unis looked, they need to go back to what works. Put the pajamas back in the

armoire and embrace the past.

oh memories of guys like Cam Neely, now those would be awesome to see more often...

Archived