Mariners Concept

floydnimrod

I added a Salmon/Maroon color to the Mariners' color scheme. I can understand why many will think it shouldn't be there, so here's my explanation, when I went to Safeco Field two weeks ago, I saw banners hanging outside and every third one had this color on it, so I decided to use it in a concept.

marinersgd6.png

C+C

Honestly, it's not doing all that much for me. It's a nice idea, but it's not making anything better.

Now, you have three colors fighting for space in the M's identity. It looks like the maroon (and it's not salmon, which is more a pinkish orange) nosed out the silver, and expanded its role. The problem is, using all 3 colors together creates a very dark mishmash with nothing to separate the colors, which was the beauty of using silver or white. The sleeve stripes are very hard to see with 3 dark colors side-by-side.

The other problem, is that in places where all 3 colors aren't used, something looks like it's missing. Like the player numbers on the back of the home jersey - teal with white/maroon outlines leaves out navy, the team's primary color. Not having the primary uniform color on the numbers looks strange... but adding it would mean 4-layer numbers, or trading out the white and having 3 dark colors on the numbers.

This appears to be a no-win situation. It's sorta like subtraction by addition. Adding maroon may have to cost you teal to make this work really well. Were it up to me, I'd leave the M's alone with the navy/teal/silver.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Those are pretty much the Tacoma Rainiers' colors (AAA). I was at the Rainiers game last night (my first), and though I like the uniforms (which don't have much maroon on them), I don't like the caps and other merchandise with maroon.

I've been playing around with a Mariners' concept using blue and yellow like when they first came into the league. If they change their colors it should be to that. Otherwise, they should stick with what they have--since they got rid of most of the teal, they've had one of the best sets in baseball.

Honestly, it's not doing all that much for me. It's a nice idea, but it's not making anything better.

Now, you have three colors fighting for space in the M's identity. It looks like the maroon (and it's not salmon, which is more a pinkish orange) nosed out the silver, and expanded its role. The problem is, using all 3 colors together creates a very dark mishmash with nothing to separate the colors, which was the beauty of using silver or white. The sleeve stripes are very hard to see with 3 dark colors side-by-side.

The other problem, is that in places where all 3 colors aren't used, something looks like it's missing. Like the player numbers on the back of the home jersey - teal with white/maroon outlines leaves out navy, the team's primary color. Not having the primary uniform color on the numbers looks strange... but adding it would mean 4-layer numbers, or trading out the white and having 3 dark colors on the numbers.

This appears to be a no-win situation. It's sorta like subtraction by addition. Adding maroon may have to cost you teal to make this work really well. Were it up to me, I'd leave the M's alone with the navy/teal/silver.

What if I take out the Maroon, and make Teal the dominant color?

What if I take out the Maroon, and make Teal the dominant color?

I think that would be a good idea because when you think Mariner, you think water, and when you think water, you think of blue or green, or teal or something.

The Mariners actually look right with teal and this is too dark green to work. The cap logo I really don't like. The colors of the cap look too much like the old Diamondbacks cap, and IMO is not a good thing.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I keep wondering in the Ms keep using the red from the "turn forward the clock" uni's? Which I actually really like. The second one is better w/o the maroon. I really want them to bring back the trident in some fashion. Never bring back the golden S, I hate that hat.

Good job on the concepts.

2000Patch.jpg

Well, since their name is the Mariners, this does not work. Green and gold are ocean like colors whereas green and brown are Earth Tones. This simply does not make any sense at all. Also it is very sloppy and the numbers are too low. And why would you get rid of their great cap logo?

Well, since their name is the Mariners, this does not work. Green and gold are ocean like colors whereas green and brown are Earth Tones. This simply does not make any sense at all. Also it is very sloppy and the numbers are too low. And why would you get rid of their great cap logo?

... Anyway. You didn't do a bad job at all. I don't really think it's much of a difference, at least not in a positive direction, from what they have now. Yes, more teal could be used. Actually, they refer to it as Emerald Green, thus the reason I believe it actually should be more green, although maybe yours is a little TOO greenish. They need to have names on the backs, at least on the road. And if you are gonna go with no names, then the numbers need to be raised. They sit way too low on the jersey and leave that blank space.

Archived