Falcon Logo

udubs03

I'm a graphic design student at Concordia University Wisconsin and I really can't stand our athletic identity (or lack thereof), so I decided to do something about it. Our mascot is the Falcons and our colors are blue and white.

Current Logos:

cuwcurrent.png

My design:

cuwfalcon.png

This is just kind of a jumping off point for me. In the end, a friend of mine and I hope to put together an entire identity package to present to the university, so wordmarks and other various logos will follow.

C&C much appreciated

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Nice Upgrade man. Much needed by the looks of it.

Your falcon logo has a pretty big underbite... might want to change that. But it's no biggie... it looks cool anyways.

That old logo with the falcon marching proudly is some real funny stuff.

What's up with his legs? Varicose veins?

thecatch.jpg

Yeah I think the beak looks like a C too, and I think cleckie is right if you can get the CUW in there somehow this will be awesome and I don't see how they could pass this up. I think the W could be incorporated at the base of the neck pretty easily because u have sectioned it into 3 sections which would also show a connection to the original

brewerssig.jpg

I find the similarities cuw's logo and this logo pretty interesting?yeah it could probably use a redesign.

123154.jpg

Any connection to original chicken head (the one cuw letters) is probably going to be appreciated at the school. I have a feeling that if you don't tie it together with the identity they already have, it will be a much harder sell?which may or may not be a good thing.

Maybe change the colors back to the original. Universities most of the time use the athletic teams colors as the University's colors. Those colors are prominently placed all over campus usually. They might be more willing to change if the colors are kept the same.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Maybe change the colors back to the original. Universities most of the time use the athletic teams colors as the University's colors. Those colors are prominently placed all over campus usually. They might be more willing to change if the colors are kept the same.

Ditto.

Nice update. But as was said before, perhaps try to mold the head out of letters like the original?

oBIgzrL.png

Thanks for your comments.

I am definitely going to try and work in the CUW as a nod to the old logo, as well as going with the original colors.

I'll hopefully have some sort of update Friday (next time I have access to illustrator!)

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Archived