Celtics concept

slapshot

Hi guys

I worked up an updated concept for the Celtics incorpoating Green, Gold, Black and White, with an alternate.

http://www.jimdesign.com/celtsnew.jpg

The NBA Throwbacks have green and gold in them, and I feel that since there is black in the logo, I think it adds a good complement to green and gold. It's just for depth on the home and away, but I made the alt. black just to see it. I also updated the font to City, because it looks like a modernized version of the serif font they used until the early 70s. I also put Boston back on the roads.

Comments/feedback? thanks

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Pretty cool design but good god, please no "gold" as you called it.  I think the only change the C's should ever make is to take off the green trim and go solid white with the new style jerseys.  And even THAT would probably be too much to take.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

As a start up concept its ok, but not for the Cletics their unis are as untouchable as the Yankees.

Maybe the road should sya Boston in white like they had in the 60's but thats it.

They should never have an alternate with a differnt color. They should never add black to anything.

THe Cletics uniforms should always be just Green and White now and forever.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

As a start up concept its ok, but not for the Cletics their unis are as untouchable as the Yankees.

Maybe the road should sya Boston in white like they had in the 60's but thats it.

They should never have an alternate with a differnt color. They should never add black to anything.

THe Cletics uniforms should always be just Green and White now and forever.

Amen

Im as modernist as you could ask for, but all you do is put boston on the greens.

At most, a small clover on the shorts

The more I look at my the alt, the more I don't like it either (and I made it!!)

Adding gold is not a stretch...it is a part of their warm-up unis and jackets, outlining most of the text and graphics on them. It might look better if it and the green were slightly darker.

I can try a slightly altered version with the black taken out. I wanted to see how it would look with gold, and I din't want to it look like the Sonics (also green and gold). I might move the shamrock to the stripe of the shorts too.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I wanted to see how it would look with gold, and I din't want to it look like the Sonics (also green and gold).

I thought this too... especially with the Sonics move to retro this season. I don't think you can change the Celtics colours, although I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of updated look (keeping within the parameters of tradition of course).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived