ESPN kissing Favre's ass

Hat Boy

Today on Sports Center, there was a story about Favre's father-in-law recently passing away, The anchors were going on and on about how courageous Favre was for being at training camp and marveling at how he could stay focused on football.

Is Favre the only professional athlete to ever experience personal loss and still play?

I wonder if this extends Favre's "free pass" for the times he acts like an a-hole.

As much as I hate the colts, Tony Dungy finishing the season after his son's death will always be more courageous than Favre having to endure a dying mother or father in law or whatever.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

As much as I hate the colts, Tony Dungy finishing the season after his son's death will always be more courageous than Favre having to endure a dying mother or father in law or whatever.

Let's not try to decide which is "easier" or "more courageous" when it comes to losing a loved one. Each case is as different as the person involved and their reaction to it. You're acting as if relationships come with an exact definition of how close the parties should be. There isn't some chart that dictates how much one should mourn over a loss. Some fathers aren't close with their sons, others are etc. To say that one is easier than the other based on your own subjective idea is simply ridiculous not to mention callous.

BB52Big.jpg

There isn't some chart that dictates how much one should mourn over a loss.

At my last job there was. The amount of grievance time you were given after a death in the family depended on which family member it was.

Yeah a lot of places have that and it's idiotic.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived