Alan Kotok Memorial Stadium

WJMorris3

The South Jersey Polytechnic Institute is set to field a football team in the National College Fantasy Association for the 2007 season. Instead of just having uniforms made and a field design done, I decided that I'd try my hand at actually designing a stadium for said team. And thus Alan Kotok Memorial Stadium was born. Some pictures are featured below...

Kotokstands.png

Kotokleft.png

Kotokright.png

Suggestions and critique are welcome, plus I'll try to accomodate most other camera angle requests that people might want by posting additional photos in this thread.

LvZYtbZ.png

The execution of this is great!

Can I get a view of the whole stadium? (i.e. overhead, or whatever works for you) Then I'd be able to give some c'n'c.

Thanks.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

The execution of this is great!

Can I get a view of the whole stadium? (i.e. overhead, or whatever works for you) Then I'd be able to give some c'n'c.

Thanks.

Kotokoverhead.png

As you wish. I can tell you that I know it needs a press box, but I haven't quite figured exactly how I want to do that. (Note also, since the last few pictures, that play clocks have been added)

LvZYtbZ.png

Ok, now i understand why its so small... but hwy so plain? I know thats a small amount of seats, but maybe put it in a more impressive way or something rather than the generic two-grandstands. that might also help your pressbox problem.

oBIgzrL.png

Not bad for a first attempt. I know you're doing this with a small college in mind, but I can tell you from experience that a running track around a football field makes for some very terrible sight lines for football spectators. I know the economics issues and that some small colleges have to combine the two, but it would make a world of difference if you removed the running track and brought the stands closer to the field.

Just thought I'd offer my .02 ;)

QPR%20Sig.png

This may be relatively plain, but that doesn't really make it any less impressive in my opinion.

For once I agree with him...

...you really need to give a tutuorial or somehting because I (and im sure many others) have tried taht before and resulted in utter failure.

oBIgzrL.png

This may be relatively plain, but that doesn't really make it any less impressive in my opinion.

...you really need to give a tutuorial or somehting because I (and im sure many others) have tried taht before and resulted in utter failure.

The only advice I can give is that I don't try and draw exact lengths when I need them -- the computer will let you enter an exact length to use - for instance, the field is in fact constructed to NCAA specs.

As it is, I'm taking the size issues into consideration, and while I want the track to stay, now that I've figured how to properly curve my stands, I'm going to try and turn it into a horseshoe.

EDIT: This idea is planned to be for 2008, as I figure that the team needs to be in a bigger stadium for their second year.

LvZYtbZ.png

Exactly. I keep trying to make something but it always looks bad.

That stadium would be perfect for a small college. Stadiums don't always have to be elaborate. Great work Will.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

That stadium is awesome looking. Good job. Thought I would also share one that I made. This is a mix between SD stadium and MIA. It's for my fantasy football team. I'm trying to build it up around it so that it looks like it's in the city but haven't gotten the time to build a bunch of buildings yet. Comments always welcome.

Picture1.jpg

That stadium is awesome looking. Good job. Thought I would also share one that I made. This is a mix between SD stadium and MIA. It's for my fantasy football team. I'm trying to build it up around it so that it looks like it's in the city but haven't gotten the time to build a bunch of buildings yet. Comments always welcome.

Here's Comment #1: Welcome.

Here's Comment #2: Don't hijack someone else's thread. Will started this thread to have his work evaluated, not to let it be your place to go trawling for critique of your work. Bad form, new guy - even though I LOVE your screen name... :therock:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Kotok Memorial - great stuff. Simple and small, but befitting SJ Tech's nascent campus. Where will I find this upstart college power? In Malaga? Can I get there off of 55? And how soon before their rival - Southern Haddonfield Institute of Technology, DO NOT ABBREVIATE - join them on the gridiron?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Here's Comment #1: Welcome.

Here's Comment #2: Don't hijack someone else's thread. Will started this thread to have his work evaluated, not to let it be your place to go trawling for critique of your work. Bad form, new guy - even though I LOVE your screen name... :therock:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Kotok Memorial - great stuff. Simple and small, but befitting SJ Tech's nascent campus. Where will I find this upstart college power? In Malaga? Can I get there off of 55? And how soon before their rival - Southern Haddonfield Institute of Technology, DO NOT ABBREVIATE - join them on the gridiron?

Vineland, actually, off of Union Road (and since you're a local, you probably will understand the nickname and color homage.) I wish I could put it closer to NJ-55, but I couldn't find any spot in the City of Vineland that was close to NJ-55, big enough for The South Jersey Polytechnic Institute, and vacant. Who knows, maybe Southern Haddonfield Institute of Technology, DO NOT ABBREVIATE - might be able to join SJT next year? Don't expect to see SJT get a bowl bid this year, though... for one thing, their roster will consist entirely of freshmen.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived