Soccer Concept - Glentoran FC

Clark

This is my first ever soccer (finding it hard to call the game ive known as football all my life by a different name) concept.

Being born in East Belfast and living just a few minutes away from The Oval, I've been a life long supporter of Glentoran. So when it came to doing this concept I spent a long time looking through old programmes and at old shirts so that when it came to creating my logo, I could do the club justice.

Over the past 10 years the Glens have done a lot of tweeks to their logo but some of them have not been for the good as shown below:

glentoranshld2.jpgnir_glentoran.gif5861.jpg

Over the past week I have put this concept together and at one stage I was ready to scrap it, due to the fact that I couldn't draw a cockral that I was happy with. That was until I found the Glentoran Foundation logo:

Foundation.jpg

So here is my concept, I hope you all like it. C&C's are very welcome...

big_chicken.jpg

Kits to follow...

prospects.png

vets.png

I like it, except for a few things:

- The "shine" on the sides looks slapped on, and adds unnecessary colors.

- It's obviously the Arsenal crest shape, which the shiny parts just emphasize.

- Is that ball from the new Prem logo?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That is definitely a tasteful modification of their current badge. The cockerel and ball work very well without being derivative of Tottenham Hotspur, and is a definite upgrade over what they currently use. The only change I might make to the badge would be to add a Glentoran banner at the top, but that's just nitpicking. I can't wait to see what the kits look like, because if this is any indication, they'll be quality all the way...

QPR%20Sig.png

Solid concept and a nice upgrade.

I like how the ribbon seems to be a little more cohesive or attached with the rest of the crest. In some of the historical ones you showed, it looked like it was a separate element slapped on as an afterthought. Here, it flows quite nicely with everything else.

Have to agree about the 'shine' being unnecessary, though, and probably difficult to embroider or otherwise reproduce. And I would also like to see something added saying 'Glentoran FC,' or at least 'GFC.' Some of the larger European clubs may be able to get away with iconic stuff that doesn't feature their name prominently, but I don't think Glentoran would.

Archived