Boston College Football

lost_limey

I realised it's been ages since I had posted a concept, and I had wanted to do an NCAA football concept for a while, as I don't think I've tried any college team concepts yet. I was working on this before I found out about BC's new unis for this season, but I don't like those anyway.

Enough palaver, here's the thing you wanted to see

atlanticcoast_bostoncollege.png

I'm still in two minds about the lack of TV numbers. (Oh, thanks to LogoHound for the BC number font)

Anyway give me your huddled masses C & c please!

beautiful. and thanks for not using the eagle head logo or the eagleslug. i hate the eagle's head logo. it looks too much like a person and it is sorta phallic...

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

It's a well done concept, though it does need TV numbers. I particularly like the maroon/burgundy/dark red pants. Not sure about the socks that go with those pants (there would seem to be striping opportunities there).

I finally figured out the problem with the numbers. They're too italic (that is, slanted). Numbers such as the Steelers and Ryan Leaf-era Washington State are italic but not so slanted that they're unreadable. This might be an instance where a regular number font would be more appropriate.

Packers-2.png

Well, I made a few changes to my concept (refresh the image in post #1 of this thread if you don't see them) I've reduced the skew on the numbers around 50%, but kept them a little italic as they've been a big part of Boston College's identity for a good few years now. I also added me some TV numbers on the shoulder so as to make these look complete.

I didn't add striping to the socks, as many college teams seem not to wear socks high enough to bother, and sock striping is rather too much of a traditionalist element to go with BC's ultra-modern look that they've been rocking these last two uni sets, and which I've continued in the vein of.

I'm not really a fan of the full eagle on the helmet, since all the details become so small that it's all just kinda pointless, kinda like the Rice owl that they had before switching to the "R" this year. Having the eagle on the helmet and the interlocking BC on the side of the sleeves is kinda odd, too.

Archived