Tampa Bay Lightning Logos

Seymour

Hey everyone,

I have decided that I do not like any of Tampa Bay Lightning's logos or jerseys, old or new. This is because, I think, the kind of image they are going after and the colour schemes that they are using. I know changing a teams image is risky, but I think the logos that I have made are more "Floridaish." They are not perfect, by all means, but I think it is a new sort of colour scheme in the NHL and they are definately a lot different from what Tampa has now. I am anxious though because I think I put a little too much emphasis on Florida, and not as much on the team's name, the "Lightning." This was done with paint so, it isn't the best. I hope you people enjoy it. C&C if you please

TampaBayLightning.jpg

Well, this is it. The secondary logo is based on the Florida state flag. The seal in the centre of the flag is replaced by an orange, and Florida is famous for its oranges. The arms on the red cross behind the seal are drawn into the shape of lightning bolts, instead of just the original straight arms. Here's a link to a picture of the Florida state flag: http://www.hometowninvasion.com/images/flags/FL.gif

The primary logo is a crocodile or alligator,(sorry Floridians and people who can tell the difference between an alligator and crocodile) and Florida is famous for those. Behind the alligator/crocodile are the letters TBL which, of course, stand for "Tampa Bay Lightning."

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

Uh, um, er....

No.

First of all, how many colors are there? What would the primary colors of the team be? Isn't it odd that their colors would be so close to their closest geographic rivals, the Panthers?

Secondly, both of those logos are just plain a mess. "TBL" in the background of the primary logo? Even if you could make that out very well... why? A gator as the primary for a team named the Lightning? Huh?

I'm trying to come up with something positive, because I do like to find the positive ideas in a concept, but I'm failing on this one. The idea isn't something that seems like a good one, and the execution doesn't help it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I do realize that there are many colours to this concept. I had a problem here because I wanted to keep the colours of the Florida flag and still have the gator logo. If I really think about it, these are both secondary logos, but I can't always get them perfect. Also, I think the concept colours are pretty different than the Florida Panthers, but that's your opinion. Thank you for your honesty.

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

I do realize that there are many colours to this concept. I had a problem here because I wanted to keep the colours of the Florida flag and still have the gator logo. If I really think about it, these are both secondary logos, but I can't always get them perfect. Also, I think the concept colours are pretty different than the Florida Panthers, but that's your opinion. Thank you for your honesty.

First off

A. The red, navy, and gold are the Panther colors.

B. Why is a team named the Lightning have a gator logo?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I think you put to much thought in this. You picked logos that play off the fact that the team is from florida but has nothing to do with the team name at all. They are the lightning so why use an aligator? I think that both logos have potential but not for the lightning. Also, you can't read TBL behind the gator.

You're painting yourself into a corner by tying this concept to TB. TB already has a decent logo and color scheme, which are largely ignored here. I like the altered Florida flag stripes, but lose the Orange. Either that modified flag OR the orange would make a cool shoulder/secondary logo. Also, if you want to have a Gator (which I don't think you NEED), try incorporating the current TB blue/silver color scheme, or make it more into a design, and less an angular portrait. Maybe a blue and silver Gator whose tail is a lightning bolt? Finally, your gator has a pinched face, but that is more a trait of a crocodile, not an alligator.

applogosig17.pngapplogosig16bychapeeko.png

Courtesy chapeeko

No, just....no. The red & yellow are the Panthers' colors.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Ok

A)Thank you everyone for your honesty <_<

B) There is no blue in this concept. Whoever said there was blue either is colour blind or has a skrewed up computer.

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

GO CANUCKS GO

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

VANCOUVER 2010

its not a bad concept, in fact the concept itself is good. Its just not for the lightning, however, it wouldn't be bad for a florida based team in the ECHL or even a fantasy hockey team maybe the Florida Gator Buzz which sounds pretty cool.

as for the color scheme, i thought more flames/old canucks than i did florida.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived