39Thirty Variation

no97

I swear, I should buy that Jays hat, go back in time to when I was in elementary school just so I can get the crap kicked out of me for wearing somethin so stupid. I'll just stick to my 'toque-over-the-hat' style for the time being. It has yet to fail me and has most likely saved me some beating that other hat would have caused.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I like 'em!

I wear my Tigers caps year round and am often outside with a cap on my head and ear muffs!

I also proudly wear my "Stormy Kromer" lid in the winter. Made in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, its a wool baseball cap with flaps invented by a former baseball player many, many, many years ago.

http://www.stormykromer.com/product/caps.a...mp;section=caps

I'm the (soon to be) proud owner of Stormy Kromer's Lambeau Field version:

0305396010_18_13_5.jpg

Nice!!!

I get alot of comments on my Stormy Kromer. I've got a basic dark grey one...have to match everything ya know :-)

So entirely old school! And the thing is warm too.

I just noticed that all these caps are only available in S/M or M/L sizes - no L/XL (which is my size, as my cap size is either a 7 5/8 or 7 3/4). Since I hate a tight cap, I'll have to wait to try one on (who knows when I'll see one in person again...)

Moose

Is that really a 39thirty? Doesn't look like their fancy material.

I believe they use 39thirty to designate the style, irregardless of material. Just like the fashion 59fiftys can still come in wool, but the MLB on field 59fiftys are synthetic... yet they're all designated 59fifty. I believe 39thirty is just New Era's standard stretch-fit cap style. (Why that allows them to call the on-field BP cap with side inserts "39thirty" as well, when that is clearly a different cut and construction, I have no idea, however)

I'll have to check at home to be sure, but I have, from about 6 or7 years ago, another fitted model of New Era. I want to say 49forty... but I'm not sure. I believe it was a slightly lower crown than 59fifty, with a less padded sweatband configuration. I'll have to double check about the number. I know it's less common, however. When I got it, it was only offered for NCAA designs.

Anyway I have several 39thirtys of differing material. I believe the caps that Lids sell as "MLB Ace" are actually New Era 39thirtys.

TMI, I am sure, from a bit of a hat nerd.

EDIT:

I'll just stick to my 'toque-over-the-hat' style for the time being.

Ugh... the mild OCD combined with the baseball cap fanaticism make that style PAINFUL for me to look at. I just keep thinking "why is that person crushing their baseball cap with that toque like that? That's cap abuse!" Suffice it to say, as much as I don't think I'd ever wear one of these "flappers," I just could never put a toque on over a baseball cap. In fact, it's kind giving me a bit of an anxiety attack just thinking about it. Stupid OCD.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived