Nick Saban

DG_ThenNowForever

Don't most football coaches overexaggerate the importance of their weekly tasks?

Yeah, it was inappropriate, I guess. And yeah, Saban seems to be a bit too in love with himself. But really, is this issue worth anyone's time at all? So he went overboard with the analogies - let's have the PC brigade call off the dogs.

Don't most football coaches overexaggerate the importance of their weekly tasks?

Yeah, it was inappropriate, I guess. And yeah, Saban seems to be a bit too in love with himself. But really, is this issue worth anyone's time at all? So he went overboard with the analogies - let's have the PC brigade call off the dogs.

really? I thought Providence College has a shot at Alabama... :oops:

I saw, I came, I left.

Soon, Saban's sentence structure will be Subject, Verb, Loss to ULM

"Auburn sucks Loss to ULM"

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Coaches just need to realize that they are coaching a football game. They are the coach. Not the AD or school President. Behind the scenes I know coaches offer a lot more to their players as a role model. Many players really appreciate their coaches and what they do (have done) for them.

There is no need to get witty or philosophical in a post-game presser. Just say something along the lines of... "We played like crap and lost. As a coach I need to prepare my team better. It's not the end of the world, we'll correct this." They have to remember that they are not always in the locker room. Not every conversation has to be a "Locker Room" type of talk. There are too many instances where the coach tries to over-explain what happened or make these crazy-a$$ comparisons. Stick to what happened in the game.

Tell that to Joe Paterno... :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Back in the Bills Marv Levy days, Marv used a World War II reference to motivate his team.

Marv Levy once sat his Buffalo Bills down in the locker room prior to their road opener in 1986 to put their 22 game road losing streak into perspective. He told them the story of the Germans in World War II, and their goal of world domination. Germany had already conquered France and Poland, and was on the verge of seizing the rest of Eastern Europe and beyond when they entered Russia in the middle of winter. After a few battles, the German troops couldn?t handle the cold and blistering weather of Russia in the winter, and they were forced to retreat. After the retreat, they eventually lost the war upon the Americans retaking France on the beach of Normandy on June 6, 1944 (somehow, today, the French have either forgotten or ripped that page out of their history books). Levy?s question to his players was; why was Germany stopped in Russia, which lead to them losing the war? His answer was quite simple:

?They couldn?t win on the road.?

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Archived