Greg Norman "Shark" logo

DenverJ

Even though I'm not a big golf fan I have a few of his shirts in my closet. In my opinion he has one of the best logos out there for his merchandise.

Greg-Norman-Logo.jpg

Thoughts?

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf.

Am I the only one who looks at that logo and thinks "Green, yellow, pink, blue for a shark?" Holy neon Batman. Where's your Bat-Shark Repellent? I don't know there's this thought in the back of my head that thinks, "Rainbow, guy, didn't work for the Hawai'i Rainbow Warriors because of their fear of an undertone. Is Norman more of a man than a 300+ pound Poly, or what?" It's a cool logo, I've just always scratched my head at the choice of colors.

I have always liked the logo for its simplicity and effectiveness (is that even a word?) and overlooked any posible 'rainbow' color symbolism or associated issues but then again I am quite comfortable in both my masculinity and sexuality...or lack thereof...on either point...

RobbyBox2.jpg

It's not all that original, or clever, or anything else that a great logo is, but it is quite recognizable. If I was critiquing it from an artistic and conceptual standpoint, I would toss it in the garbage can, but it's one of the better branding stories of it's particular time period. Nothing from the late 80s/early 90s sems to be around except that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It looks too dated to me. Like something you'd see back in the early 90's that would have been "modernized" since the time of crazy, bright colours.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

that is a really cool looking mark.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• 2 weeks later...

Archived