St. Louis Soccer United concept

Dave Ship

This is my take on the next (probably) MLS expansion franchise.

I know adidas-Reebok Group has got an exclusive contract with MLS for the equipment but this time I switched to Puma.

Got the color scheme from their current logo. Honestly the combo of dark blue and green is very bad in my opinion so I tried to split the two colors into an home and away kit.

Several days ago somebody posted a SLUS concept with Energizer as main sponsor because the popular holdings is headquartered in St. Louis. So I decided to go for it.

slusma4.jpg

Energizer as a kit sponsor? Where have I seen that before? Hmmmm.... ;)

I dunno, it's a solid look, but it lacks identity, really. On first glance, these are the Revs.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Energizer as a kit sponsor? Where have I seen that before? Hmmmm.... ;)

I dunno, it's a solid look, but it lacks identity, really. On first glance, these are the Revs.

Who talk about Energizer as kit sponsor? Also, what do you mean that it lacks of identity? A soccer template is not made for a specific team. Are you kidding me or what?

First of all, the sideways smile is sarcastic...Mockba had done a concept for St. Louis soccer before, using the same sponsor. He was joking at the coincidence.

Second...it's boring. There's nothing that makes it stand out against the New England Revolution template, which is red instead of green.

Third...your nameplate font is difficult to read.

Your last comment is very arrogant. Mockba was very polite in his commentary, even if you don't agree with him. If you don't want constructive commentary, don't post anything.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

First of all, the sideways smile is sarcastic...Mockba had done a concept for St. Louis soccer before, using the same sponsor. He was joking at the coincidence.

Second...it's boring. There's nothing that makes it stand out against the New England Revolution template, which is red instead of green.

Your last comment is very arrogant. Mockba was very polite in his commentary, even if you don't agree with him. If you don't want constructive commentary, don't post anything.

I wasn't sure about the sarcastic sense that's why I wrote if he was kidding me. I wasn't going to be arrogant but honestly is hard for me to find a constructive comment in what Mockba said before. A soccer template, especially in the last few years, has not to be strictly linked with the team but must be a good looking product.

Does really the concept I did resemble to this?

369_1005208.jpg

Anyway, I apologize to Mockba if I've been rude.

I think it's just the fact that Beatnik can't speak English perfectly, I don't think it's his first language, I believe it's Italian.

Am I correct Beatnik?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I think it's just the fact that Beatnik can't speak English perfectly, I don't think it's his first language, I believe it's Italian.

Am I correct Beatnik?

Yes, I'm Italian. I'm so sad we involved into a misunderstanding.

No worries, Beatnik. I was a bit taken aback at first, but it's cool.

It's the general MLS complaint--too many teams using the same colors/ideas. When I see an all-navy kit with a little white for an MLS team, I see New England. They use red trim very sparingly these days. Sure, LA now has an all-navy away kit, but they use the yellow a lot more on it. (I'll spare you the "LA dumping an iconic look" rant.)

So, while it's a good concept, typography aside, it just isn't very iconic for an MLS team. I suppose not many of them are, but I give you a lot more design credit than the MLS teams.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived