Modernizing my High School (Avon Lake Shoremen)

buckeyes

I think I am one of the lone paint users on this board so any concept I make usually doesnt turn out as good as others on this forum, but this is a concept I've been wanting to do for awhile and I finally got enough determination and concentration to do it. I used one of the football templates avaible on here and then free handed the missouri template onto it. This took me a good 3 hours. I then filled in the rest with my school colors and what not. I really like the way that the away jersey turned out, but there is just something wrong, maybe its that I am just not used to seeing white on the home jerseys. For thoes of you not familiar with Avon Lake High School we wear USC's uniforms that just say "SHOREMEN" across the chest and our helmets are different. Now I dobut jerseys as modern as this would be accepted in the community easily, but I figure since we are getting a new field, new stadium, and our basketball team now has new nike uniforms the football team should update soon. Enough of me talking, tell me what you think.

Home:avonlakehome.jpg

Away:avonlakeaway.jpg

The pant logo is an anchor, which is like our secondary logo. The dots are supposed to represent the mesh and the non-dots are simply a cloth jersey.

I have a new logo for a helmet, but I plan on doing that later.

C+C

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

Im confused as to what the shaded area is on the road whites

It shows the different type of material on the jersey. They are the same jerseys as Missouri wears

You can see the material in these pictures

For the concept; I really like these. I love that design and you used the colors well together.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Well you mentioned that you are one of the lone paint users on here. Im in your same boat. People are always like, "your work looks good but its always sloppy" and im like, "if YOU had paint then you'd understand". Dont worry, I feel ya. That being said, i wouldnt have guessed that this was a paint concept. This looks really good. The only things that bug me are the all the dots representing the mesh. Id say if you can to lose that. But I think otherwise that this is a great concept and would look really good on the field. Missouri has I think one of the best uni designs in the nation, and using thier cut was a smart move. Great work. I cant wait to see the helmet!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

yea i agree i think the mesh is too noticable because from the stands you wont even be able to tell that there is different material, i was just simply trying to show that it would be mesh just like the nike jersey.

newsig.jpg

I have to say the USC ripoffs look way better than these Missouri ripoffs simply because USC looks way better than Missouri. The only things I'd do to improve the Shoremen uniforms (and USC's uniforms) are use a maroon facemask, use a single maroon stripe on the gold pants and use maroon pants with a single gold stripe on the road uniforms.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Two minor, minor things: On the side views of both the home and road, shouldn't the bottom-most part of the jersey be mesh? And on the road jersey, maybe flip the colors on the sleeve numbers?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

yea the side view doesnt include the mesh i was just trying to get the piping. i flipped the side numbers on both jerseys to be the opposites of the large ones i thought it would be unique and add some extra flair.

newsig.jpg

Dave Dlugosz will never change those uniforms. They will always be USC ripoffs until the day he leaves. I am submitting my logo on the heels of the stadium renovation, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like these a lot. The jersey cut works well with the colors.

A helpful hint: When trying to show the different fabrics, perhaps use a light grey for the "dots" rather than black. It'll be less noticable while still showing the same effect.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived