Green Bay Packers

mania

No problem - for decades, the official colors of the Packers were navy, gold and green. After Curly left, the team went back and forth between emphasizing the green and emphasizing the blue (even experimenting again with metallic gold), but never officially eliminated the color that was out of uniform favor.

That lasted well into the Lombardi era:

1101621221_400.jpg

Eventually Vince eliminated the blue altogether, and it's been gone ever since.

That isn't a bad concept, but I would have to agree with the majority in that I'm not really feeling the pant stripes or the number font.

I actually quite like the color change....I'm not a fan of the gold that the Rams have changed to, for example, but if it was more of an old gold I think it might work well.

I would like to see a concept with these colors and the 5-stripe sleeve brought back but with everything else left the same.

It's much better than Ron Wolf's design. We're not Baylor.

I really like the font for a modern logo, but as mentioned, the Packers will never make the transition. The logos are overkill. The jersey does not need the name on the front, the old GB on the back, AND the big G on the sleeves. The last of those is certainly the one I would eliminate.

Also I dislike the fact that the "4" on Favre's jersey is only on one shoulder. It's very unbalanced.

Having said that, I love the white jersey. Get rid of the G on the sleeves and you've got a winner for a modernization (coming from a Packers fan).

Archived