new twolves unis for 2008

i was curious with so many teams getting new uniforms, i contacted the timberwolves throught their website and asked. at they said they would be getting new uniforms but keeping their current logo.

If this is true, then this is awesome. They've needed an update since 1998.

Fixed that for ya. A year is probably how long it took for everyone to realize how hideous they are. They needed an update more than others for a very long time.

I would.

That's what I first thought when I read that.

First off, every team in the Northwest Division should have elongated names. We like the Timberwolves, not just Wolves. SuperSonics, not just Sonics. Trailblazers, not just Blazers. Let's find ways to elongate Nuggets and Jazz. Anyway, "Sonics" and "Blazers" already shortened the names on their jerseys. Timberwolves should stay steadfast with that, and the trees. A new wordmark is inevitable.

I forget how much the NBA charges for a new logo, or what the determining factor is (my guess is if it doesn't retain its original shape, like if the front-facing Hawks logo were replaced with one with a side view, or the Bucks logo removed the mount). Still, that's why they copped out on the Bucks and Hawks logos, and I expect the Timberwolves to do the same.

Archived