Anaheim Ducks Concept Logo

T Stoke

If you can afford it, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are top of the line, but I believe Inkscape is a free, vector based program. Vector graphics allow you to get clean, crisp lines that perfectly scale. I personally have never used it, but I've heard good things about Inkscape and I suggest trying it and playing around with it.

The GIMP is free and just as powerful alternative to Photoshop. It may take a bit to learn, but you are going to face that problem with ANY program you get, and it's worth it. There are tons of GIMP tutorials -- I'd recommend video ones on Youtube and at wikivid -- extremely helpful. Also, as fishheatcats said, Inkscape is great for Vector art(and free, again) and comes with some nice tutorials preloaded. Plain old Paint can do the job too, just keep learning.

As for the concept, I like the premise, but the duck needs some depth. Try playing around with some kind of shadow or highlight or something. Also, I like the font used for the wordmark.

As a duck fan, I think a more detailed version of this could look very nice. Everyone on the board knows how much I hate thier current look (AKA: The plate of hurl) It may be just a couple years old, but it needs to get out. NOW. And that again is from a Duck fan.

I think again that your logo has great potential, but it needs alot of tweaks to fulfill that potential. Keep it up.

Oh and I've seen Photoshop at work and its incredible. All I have is paint, but Id recommend photoshop based on what Ive seen people do with it. You can do just about anything it seems. Good luck with finding a suitable program, Im sure that one will pop up to fit your needs.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

You got something here.

If you can get the duck to look meaner and more 'active' lines (that is, lines that aren't the same thickness all the way through) with a rounded head you've got something. I find the Ducks identity a really hard one to do, because anything with a mean duck and a hockey stick will resemble either the Thrashers or Sharks too much.

duck_sig.jpg

It's not so much your skills on the computer but more so the actual logo that needs re-working, so no, the new one doesn't look better because it's the same thing.

Exactly. All you did was add gradients.

And drop shadows. Well, that was my suggestion to him, and it DOES look better, no matter how simple it was.

Ewww....bro, it's not so much your program that's the problem, it's that this is a very flawed design. It looks like something my daughter would draw (and she's a toddler).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived