Minnesota Twins concept

mantleisthebest7

Hey y'all!

I was looking in my hall of fame book and I came across HOF slugger Harmon Killebrew's profile and article. In it, it featured pics of him in the 60's using the first ever uniforms worn as the Twins in Minnesota. I just can't get over how much I LOVE that look. So, I decided to do something about it and bring it back with a modern main and alternate logo. Let me explain the logos:

First off, I used the basic idea of the logo for a soccer team also (see NASL revival on the concept forum), but I swear to you that it came from this. These logos came first.

I thought up something inspired by the Minnesota Wild, but of course with the Twins colors and more original. So, I decided to use a forest landscape type of look that would resemble Minnesota's vivid outdoor areas. Minnesota is know as "The North Star State," so I thought I'd throw in a north star on the red sky in the logo. I used the old wordmark, also.

Without further due, here they are!

l_fd8adcf6c581e301b58f1b6deaa7ca6a.jpg

l_0074be2b077822afaa54e18c55827f96.jpg

tell me what you think!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

First, I think those road uniforms could definitely use some piping. Second, the name and number on those uniforms are too low, and the nameplate is too big. Also the MLB logo is too small. I like the idea behind the sleeve logo, but the "Main" logo doesn't quite look right. I'd try and work on a new one and maybe leave the trees/state idea to the sleeve logo.

Big "no" to the script. It was dropped for a reason, it's terrible looking.

Next, I like what you're going for with the alt logo, but no trees please, I thought "wild" as soon as I saw them.

Away does need piping and sleeve stripes.

Last, don't save in jpeg, always png.

An okaaay job overall.

Oh, and make more use of the north star, make it more noticable, and part of the identity. you might even want to make a secondary logo that includes an "M", a, "T" and a star.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

im not sure about this. love the colours and the trees/star thing. even though its very "Wild" you could make a feature out of that, some unity between the sports.

however, i agree that the state logo just isnt good. wikipedia has great maps you could trace and get it pretty accurate. but even then, i just dont think it makes for such a great logo. ok im not american, but i know the geography of the US and it just doesnt strike me as "iconic" enough to be used as a logo (if some team has used it before, excuse my ignorance, but i probably still wouldnt like it.) EDIT: haha, just checked the twins old logos, and yeah i didnt like it!

why dont you try the twin cities route, it is their name after all?

im not sure about this. love the colours and the trees/star thing. even though its very "Wild" you could make a feature out of that, some unity between the sports.

however, i agree that the state logo just isnt good. wikipedia has great maps you could trace and get it pretty accurate. but even then, i just dont think it makes for such a great logo. ok im not american, but i know the geography of the US and it just doesnt strike me as "iconic" enough to be used as a logo (if some team has used it before, excuse my ignorance, but i probably still wouldnt like it.) EDIT: haha, just checked the twins old logos, and yeah i didnt like it!

why dont you try the twin cities route, it is their name after all?

Script: I prefer it to the current. The home looks great. The road looks OK, but I'd like "Minnesota" on it.

Cap: You picked the right one.

Patch: Someone else mentioned the wild. The Tree and the North Star lead me right to that conclusion. Something totally different is needed--whether it is a varaiation of the things they have used or you coming up with something new. Also, I don't get why most people do this--the patch on the right sleeve drives me nuts.

Other: I'd like a front number under the scrip (on the left side, under the "ns"). I don't think they had it in the 1960s, but I think it would make a nice update.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived