Carolina Panthers

jimboqb12

So I thought I'd create a Panthers concept. When creating this I had to think about what the faults with modern jerseys are and where the Panthers had gone wrong before. Hopefully they dont look so :censored: as they do at the moment. I didnt really spend much time on this concept simply because there is not a lot of referencing to do for the Panthers. Anywho have at it and i look forward to your much respected critisism!

PanthersUniform.jpg

Honestly, I think this is a good start. However, whereas their current jerseys are overdone, yours are the opposite. When I see it, it looks like a college jersey. No real substance. A color and a number. I think you need to add more, near the top, maybe a patch and some kind of design/striping/piping. THEN you will have something good. And I think he blue jersey, as of now, should be the primary.

Keep going, you may have something here.

Your concept now makes the Panthers a cross between the Lions and the Titans. I'm not sure why you have the sleeve logo on a black background, since the helmet is a white shell. The shade of blue that you used is a plus. The helmet striping should probably be dropped, since you are using two different striping patterns on the pants. Plus, with a radical shift in the look of the team, you should get behind one home and one away set and be done with it. A third jersey wouldn't be introduced until a few years later. With its similarity to the Lions, the blue jersey is the weakest of those posted. Your inclusion of silver in the jersey seems a bit forced. I know it's in the logo, but either include more of it or eliminate it altogether from the jersey and pants. Otherwise, it is like how the Bills include royal in their uniforms and it doesn't work well.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I really like that shade of blue paired with black or silver. Their logo, though, is hideous and terribly outdated. For tradition sake, I would be fine with Carolina retaining that logo for secondary use, but they desperately need an update for helmet and primary. The wordmark needs an update, too. Their's was released at the same time as Jax and both look like they were created in Microsoft Word.

I don't see the similarity to the Lions and Titans that quantumfreak suggested, at least not one striking enough to mention. Definitely not the Lions, because their blue looks much darker. But for the Panthers, this is an upgrade to me on a few levels. The teal was always a little garish to me. I personally like the idea of Carolina blue--but some will not like it because it's synonymous with NORTH Carolina, while the team location is supposed to represent BOTH of the Carolinas. Overall, the color combination works really well, although the black doesn't look very black on my screen--I'd like to see it darker. The white helmet really looks great, it's refreshing because there are a couple too many silver helmets out there.

It looks great, but two things here are pushing me away from this concept. The first is that it reminds me too much of the Lions with those colors. Second, I think your stiping pattern still looks a little too bland. I think there needs to be a little more involved. Maybe it's because it looks too small to me. I don't know, I can't really describe it. But, maybe take another look at it.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Archived