Kansas City Wizards

Krona

Based on the new kit shown over on the Sports Logos forum, I've come up with a Wizards badge that fits a little better with the new MLS without going too traditional. Keep in mind, these are close to the colors they're switching to. On that note, let the Chargers comments begin:

KC-Wizards.jpg

It's a cauldron.

It looks sharp overall. The "19" and the "96" being split kinda irks me though. One, the "96" seems to be slightly closer to the lightning than the "19." Two, does it really need to be split like that? Since you're using three bolts out of the cauldron, may I suggest that you evently space "1996" and have a bolts shooting through the spaces between the numbers? I think that would give it a little more balance.

The other thing that bothers me a little bit is that the "KC" is off center. I'd like to see what it would look like if you "rotated" the cauldron.

This is just a couple of tweaks away for an improvement for the Wizards.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

***UPDATE***

More yellow in the badge, 1996 more subtle, lightning bolts form more of the "W" intended, Highlights on "KC" giving raised appearance. I still like the simplicity of the original, and yes the cauldron was intended as a nod to the fans:

KC-Wizards2.jpg

The first thing that came into my mind was "Harry Potter". Oddly enough I was just thinking about how the Wizards would be better off trying to tribute the Potter franchise than the Wizard of Oz. You're badge fits my idea of what they should do perfectly, you should send it to them.

Oh and I like the first one better.

14ilxq9.png

It's an improvement. I like the "W-bolts." Very clever. I probably wouldn't have noticed on my own (I often miss subtle details), but it's one of those things that you really like once you know it's there. The "1996" looks much better. The "framing with the gold bands gives each part a new reference point making it more balanced. I'm still not wild about the cauldron being off-centered. It's not so bad that it ruins the whold concept, but there is a disconnect between that element and the rest of the badge in my eyes.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I agree with jeremyb. I think a wizards hat or something different that relates somehow to a wizard, like crossed wands or something, would be much better than a cauldron. Keep it up though - it has mad potential.

Oh, and jeremyb, youre the one that has the Prison Mike avatar! Did you know I gave you like 5,000 cool points on another topic for that avatar? Nice! And the sig too!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Archived