Tank Super Bowl Stumper 1/28/08

NJTank

I. What college did the first three Super Bowl MVPs go to?

II. What 5 Super Bowl MVPs did not attend schools that are currently in Division 1-A (Bowl Subdivision)?

Bonus Name the players and their schools.

III. What two Super Bowl MVPs attend the U?

IV. What son of a 72 Dolphin started ahead of Tom Brady in college?

V. Besides Roger Staubach who is the other graduate of the US Naval Academy to play in the Super Bowl?

Tally

Rams80 7

KennyRock 5

wdm1219inpenna 2.25

leopard88 4.6

Infared41 4.5

ZoneRanger 3.25

Rainmaker-3

wdm1219inpenna 2.65

NoHoJoe 2

Flame of Atlanta 1.6

The49erfan15 1.3

The Mad Mac 1

njmeadowlanders-1

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I. Alabama (and Purdue if you don't count Bart Starr twice. B))

II. Jerry Rice: Mississippi Valley State. Doug Williams: Grambling. Harvey Martin: East Texas State. Richard Dent: Tennessee State. Kurt Warner: Northern Iowa.

III. Ray Lewis and Ottis Anderson

V. Phil MCConkey

BB52Big.jpg

II. Kurt Warner (Northern Iowa) ( :P )

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The other 4 for II are Harvey Martin (East Texas State), Richard Dent (Tennessee State), Phil Simms (Morehead State), Doug Williams (Grambling State)

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

II. Jerry Rice: Mississippi Valley State. Doug Williams: Grambling. Harvey Martin: East Texas State. Richard Dent: Tennessee State. Kurt Warner: Northern Iowa.

V. Phil MCConkey

I was in with Warner before you....

Today, we are all otaku.

V. Phil MCConkey

I was in with Warner before you....

I think the times of our posts would suggest otherwise but since I got the other 4 I'll let you have it.

BB52Big.jpg

I. Alabama

-Infared 41

II. Jerry Rice: Mississippi Valley State. Doug Williams: Grambling. Harvey Martin: East Texas State. Richard Dent: Tennessee State. Kurt Warner: Northern Iowa. Phil Simms: Morehead State

I forgot about Dent at Tennessee State so there is a bonus point for that

Inafred41 1, Rams80 .5

Infared41

IV. Brian Greise

Wilson

V. Phil McConkey

Infared41

Tally

Infared41 8.5

Rams80 7.5

KennyRock 5