Raytown Central (the winner is . . .)

KCScout76

The Board of Education (BOE) took the Committee's recommendation and the new Mascot & Colors are . . .

The Raytown Central Middle School RAVENS, purple, black & silver

We are taking "concepts and designs" for our "public" input as to what the logo should be.

I have stated in our meeting that the graphic artist MUST be compensated for his/her work.

I will not release any logos (except for those to be used for the public display at the open houses at the two middle schools).

We want the tax paying public's input to what the logo should be. We will be selecting three logos in the very near future.

I have some folk already submit their ideas - I will post them later after obtaining their permission.

I have told the Committee chair that the logos are the property of the designer and will need to be compensated for their work,

otherwise, they can not get the logos. As far as what the compensation would be, we have not asked the board or discussed that

part yet. Our main focus was the selection of three mascots & colors for our recommendation.

What I need is three fold; 1) Primary 2) Primary with wordmark - Raytown Central Ravens 3) secondary.

The secondary is open to your choice, however we discussed that we need a "strutting" or "walking" Raven

that will be painted on the wall of the gym and on the basketball court.

I have not heard when will meet again, but I would venture to say by mid-February.

My email address is: kcmojo@swbell.net

I will not release the logos/graphics w/o the designer's permission and compensation.

Don't expect the district to shell out a lot of money. It's for a middle school - but I will fight for the best deal possible.

Also be aware that the logo will be on public display. Three logos/designs for the public to view and on display at the

School District office.

If the design is in .png or a photoshop format, I can get the logo enlarged for display. I'll also will get you a T-shirt when we get to

that point of process. Only a few shirts will be printed for the idea of what the logo can look like on printed wear. These will not

be on sale to the public. Again, I am going to protect the right of the designer and see you get a fair deal. But I again remind you

that my school district is neither rich or poor, just a humble suburb of Kansas City.

FYI - the school will host nearly 600 staff & students. Thank you all for your time.

KCScout76

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I guess everyone's pretty busy.

If you have any "submissions" for our project, please send them my way.

Thanks you for your time!

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

alrighty, man. Here it goes.....

l_6c15772c217fd292e276daaaea32f7d0.png

I didnt want to rip off Baltimore, but the idea was nonetheless inspired by it (moslty the winged script.) Sorry if it looks even the slightest bit sloppy - all I have is paint and that program does next to nil in cleaning anything up. I hope this fits your needs! Let me know how you like it!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I'm also giving this a shot...I have the primary and secondary done and I'm working on a wordmark. Hopefully I'll post them later tonight; I just want the full package done before I post anything.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Here's the whole set:

ravens-concept.png

I agree with you, Shiny. I need to rework that wing. Also, I don't think the colors are necessarily "ripped off". There are only so many color schemes "Ravens" can use, and the hue of purple is different and it uses silver rather than gold.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

I'd say try to infuse some dark cranberry, silver, and maybe a really dark purple. I'll try something along those lines, if you don't mind.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Did they specify a particular PMS scheme? I could see a nice Michigan Panther-like color scheme being employed here.

The color scheme was not decided. It needs to be determined and I am sure it will come out when the logo is decided upon.

The purple is not lavender nor a dark purple. I don't want to venture too far because we want the artist to decide.

If there is an "Athletic Purple", that's what has been used. But again, it's up to you.

Very nice concept ududs03!!!

GoNordiques - very nice!

I like the angle of the Raven's head. If you have a full bird version, please post it.

We are also looking for a strutting ravens to be painted on the gym wall.

I like your concept.

These look really nice. I know you went for the light purple, but I don't know how well that will go over with middle school boys.

The only thing that kind of bothers me with the logo is the angle of the eye.

Nice work.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

These look really nice. I know you went for the light purple, but I don't know how well that will go over with middle school boys.

The only thing that kind of bothers me with the logo is the angle of the eye.

Nice work.

I had no idea this was for a middle school. It seems like casting pearls before swine, to excuse the stupid saying... Logos this good (and I REALLY like GoNordiques's set) should be used for the NBA D-League at the very least (although that's not saying much). I know colleges that could use these logos.

GoNordiques,

The full bird and workmark are very good. I really like the concepts you have. Great Job!!!!!!!

I should ask, should the strutting/walking logo be made in a similar fashion, like my logos (somewhat aggressive) or should it be somewhat cartoony? Like the logo Mantelisthebest7 did?

Your standing one is perfect as is. If you make another one that is "strutting" rather than standing, I'd say that the same fashion would be best. (Although it's hard to look tough when you're "strutting.")

The principal wanted a full bird to put on the gym floor and wall of the gym. Both of the other middle schools have a strutting bluejay or cardinal. There is nothing wrong with the full bird - it's very good.

The only thing I would ask you to change is the beak of the Raven. Your raven had a pointed beak, Ravens have a long beak with a curved front. Note the picture below. It would make a difference in looking like a true Raven. Having had Ravens as my high school (Maur Hill Jr. Ravens) and College (Benedictine Ravens) I know my Ravens very well.

Also note the bump (rise) on the front of the face as the beak starts out from the forehead of the bird.

Ravenbill_bw-1.gif

Archived