Washington Potomacs

cappital92

First of all, I'm not sure what a Potomac is.

I think you should make the sides of the plate equal in width. The left side is thin while the right is thick, and I'm not sure if you're going for some sort of effect but it isn't working.

I don't know what that is in the middle. A diagram of Washington? Is this D.C. or state?

Go for a more modern font, I'd say.

Way too much negative space. I think you should shrink the size of the home plate and make whatever that is in the middle bigger, or make a "Potomac" and place it overlapping the plate.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

First of all, I'm not sure what a Potomac is.

I think you should make the sides of the plate equal in width. The left side is thin while the right is thick, and I'm not sure if you're going for some sort of effect but it isn't working.

I don't know what that is in the middle. A diagram of Washington? Is this D.C. or state?

Go for a more modern font, I'd say.

Way too much negative space. I think you should shrink the size of the home plate and make whatever that is in the middle bigger, or make a "Potomac" and place it overlapping the plate.

1. It's a river. It's also a tribute to the old Washington Potomacs Negro League team.

2. I was trying to have shadowing.

3. It's a diagram of the Potomac, with D.C. in light blue.

Just putting the Potomac River on home plate and calling it a day isn't going to cut it man.

I love the name, and putting something in a home plate shape sounds like it could work.

How about putting a close up of water representing the river on the bottom, in the foreground. Then have the D.C. skyline or the capital dome in the background. I would agree in using a new font as well.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Alright, sorry for my historical inadequacies (sp)

I think the river diagram is too detailed for it. I think it'd be a good secondary, but by itself with nothing around it, it's just too plain. Either simplify it a lot or don't use it.

Maybe just do a drawing of a river from the first person, kind of like a Tide or Ocean logo (if you know what I mean, one of those big waves). (EDIT: Haha great minds think alike kewp)

I don't mind the shadowing, but the exuction isn't right. I'd say make the shadow red darker or something.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

What about something along the lines of the Padres logo. A home plate shaped logo with waves below (the river significance) and the Washington Monument rising above the waves. A possible alt logo could be the outline of DC's borders with the river mapped in there too.

What about something along the lines of the Padres logo. A home plate shaped logo with waves below (the river significance) and the Washington Monument rising above the waves. A possible alt logo could be the outline of DC's borders with the river mapped in there too.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking about. I think if you made the water look the way it does in the Padres' logo it would look great. You need to remember though that a wave wouldn't look to good because it's a river, not too many waves on rivers.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Yeah, this is what I was thinking about. I think if you made the water look the way it does in the Padres' logo it would look great. You need to remember though that a wave wouldn't look to good because it's a river, not too many waves on rivers.

You could do something like the Rimouski Oceanic but instead of the shark/boat thing have like the DC skyline or a player hitting a baseball or something. It kinda looks like waves but you can tell its in a river.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived