More Counterfit Stuff?

Panthers

He certainly wouldn't (though some players do).

Does the seller claim that this is Aikman's ring? Samples of championship rings are made up by the manufacturer, usually with the name of the most high-profile player or coach. Those often find their way into collections.

We need to see the entire listing, see what the seller's claiming, before we can cry foul.

He certainly wouldn't (though some players do).

Does the seller claim that this is Aikman's ring? Samples of championship rings are made up by the manufacturer, usually with the name of the most high-profile player or coach. Those often find their way into collections.

We need to see the entire listing, see what the seller's claiming, before we can cry foul.

The listing sez the following.

"You are bidding on a 1995 Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl Ring.Massive 70.4 Grams of solid 10 Karat Yellow and White Gold Top.This ring was not removed from a cube,but a high quality replica with beautiful cz's set in solid 10karat gold.This ring contains Marquies,baguets,kite and round cz's.This ring is in good condition with minimal wear.The size is 12-1/2".

I have a feeling it was removed from one of thise paper weight things no matter what the seller claims.

If it is a sample or a one-off, then an 8k price tag is gouging. It seems a little shady to me. Also 10 karat gold? Would a ring be 12-14 karat - a higher/purer grade of gold?

if it is a one off or sample, you can be the diamonds would not be flawless.

True that and on top of it the Berlin Thunder ring doesn't look all that real. I can't see the player's name on it unless it was blacked out (as is normally the case).

Since I covered the league for 13 years, I know just about all the players who played in the league (sad but true). Let's see who it is. He wants a min. of $2,800 for the ring; most NFL E rings I've seen sell for $2,500 max.

If it is a sample or a one-off, then an 8k price tag is gouging. It seems a little shady to me. Also 10 karat gold? Would a ring be 12-14 karat - a higher/purer grade of gold?

if it is a one off or sample, you can be the diamonds would not be flawless.

Most championship rings are 10 karat gold, 12 and 14 are considered too soft for a heavy, large ring.

Folks:

I found this on eBay. Why would Troy Aikman sell his ring? I don't get

it.

a6cd_1.JPG

Because he needs to pay the bills for the NASCAR Sprint Cup team that either he formerly owned or has a minority stake in! *LOL*

It's what's known as a 'salesman's sample' ring. They aren't terribly uncommon. They fetch anywhere from $1,500 - 3,500 depending on the particular ring being sold. They're made from the same material as the regular rings save the diamonds (CZ's are used instead). Anyone asking for more than $3,500 for one is delusional, though.

nav-logo.png

Archived