Milwaukee Robins

Discrim

This here is my fantasy aussie rules team, the Milwaukee Robins. This is the first stuff I've released in a while, and first stuff I've done in Inkscape, and since I figure most aint gonna go to a fantasy league's board if they have no reason to, I'm also posting the whole set here in the concepts forum. first, here are the logos:

robinsid.png

the old logo was based on the Thrashers' flying T

the main jumper:

robinsjumperhomepng.png

one of the two new designs I'm using this season.

clash jumper:

robinsjumperclashpng.png

this one would primarily be used for road games...my first clash, from two years ago, used similar pinstripes, so I brought em back.

home opener special:

robinsjumperopening.png

aside from the robin logo, this is my old design. The numbers on front are those of my 06 and 07 captains, both of whom retired after last season.

have your say, how do ya like em?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Agree, your best work. I love the logo. No offense, but I actually think it'd look fantastic as a penguin logo haha.

The home jumper logo looks off to me. I think it's the little wing stubs that you also have on the main logo are still on the bird, as well as the big wings.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Ha, I like how you slapped SC Johnson on there. That's more of a Racine thing, but it fits them well.

Personally, I cannot think of any other Robins concepts I've seen, but I'm sure that even if I had seen more, this would be better. The primary and jumper logos are great.

I do like your unique style Discrim. I do have one quibble. The home jumper robin looks like it has four wings. It's messin' with me. Perhaps if you made the "war wings" frame the robin rather than it look like extra apendages, it'd look a little better.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

heh, the 'stubs' weren't meant to be wings, it merely happened that I began building on what I initially had (just the head) until I got closer to my original vision: something that would fit in well as part of a winged V, yet is also more than capable of standing alone. In short, I was aiming for something reminiscent of pilot wings.

anyways thanks for the comments, keep em comin!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Discrimhater,

Now that's one mean bird - nice concept!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived