White Sox

DHester23

Anybody notice that the Sox wear their alternate unis during the spring instead of their road? Anyone know why? As a Sox fan I would like to see them wear their spring unis since I see the alternates all the time during the regular season.

36347871.jpg

They look like Cool Base jerseys. I'm guessing they're wearing them because they want to stay cool in the Arizona heat. I agree they wear the alternate jersey way too often- though it is a great jersey.

If you want to stay cool in the Arizona heat, don't wear a black jersey..

Most teams wear their BP jersey exclusively in spring training. There are exceptions like the Yankees and Cards (who wear their roads with red caps). Also, the Cubs have worn their home jerseys, but gray pants with the BP jersey for road games.

The Sox had always worn BP jerseys for both home and road ST games, but starting last year they wore the cool base alternates the whole time with their BP cap. As for the above poster, not only is it not hot enough that you would need to dress to overcome the heat in AZ, but the black Coolbase jerseys are probably much lighter and cooler than double-knits.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

36347871.jpg

They look like Cool Base jerseys. I'm guessing they're wearing them because they want to stay cool in the Arizona heat. I agree they wear the alternate jersey way too often- though it is a great jersey.

If you want to stay cool in the Arizona heat, don't wear a black jersey..

Yeah. Coming from a guy who 8 summers ago wore straghit black. Black shirt, black sweatpants, black shoes and a black hat in 125 degree July Arizona desert heat.

One of the dumb decisions I have made in my life...

Archived