Riveting WNBA News!

Sodboy13

>>Coach Of Chicago's WNBA Team Resigns

(Chicago, IL) -- The coach of the Chicago Sky basketball team has resigned after allegations of sexual misconduct with his players surfaced on the team's Web site. Sky coach and general manager Bo Overton quit on Wednesday, although team President Margaret Stender says the online accusations were not directly responsible for his resignation. The posts on the WNBA team's Internet message board include allegations that Overton sexually harassed more than one of his players. This prompted Stender to post her own message on Monday, asking for evidence of "the serious and alarming comments" about Overton. She also posted her e-mail address and phone number on the Web site, Chicagoskytalk.net. Overton's resignation came two days later.

Here's the thread, for those interested. Thing is, from reading the thread, the validity of the initial poster seems 50/50, at best. This poster seems to have earned about as much respect as a Craven, O'Grady, or Kolozdiej. And yet, the coach quits two days after the team president and CEO vows an investigation. I dunno.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The poster does seem shady. It's sad when people start hurtful rumors for fun.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Isn't the phrase 'Riveting WNBA News' and oxymoron? :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I doubt someone quits over an internet rumor unless there is some truth to it.

yes and no. maybe he's stopping a full blow investigation that could take weeks and drag more people's careers into the toilet and he's walking away before it gets that far. i don't believe a word of that and i agree with you, but hey, it could happen.

I think if you are not guilty... you have to fight the allegations. I mean if I got accused of something, I wouldn't just quit so other people are not bothered. When the term "Sexual Misconduct" is used... and you are innocent. You don't quit. He says he will be fighting this.

They claim that they had an investigation. He CLEARD the investigation. By "forcing him to quit, or he would get fired" isn't exactly solidifying that he cleared the investigation..

Being innocent, I would have let them fire me then.

I think if you are not guilty... you have to fight the allegations. I mean if I got accused of something, I wouldn't just quit so other people are not bothered. When the term "Sexual Misconduct" is used... and you are innocent. You don't quit. He says he will be fighting this.

They claim that they had an investigation. He CLEARD the investigation. By "forcing him to quit, or he would get fired" isn't exactly solidifying that he cleared the investigation..

Being innocent, I would have let them fire me then.

I checked out some of the thread that started this whole mess and from the looks of things, the starting source isn't too reliable and the person who wanted to clear the coach by bringing the accusation to the attention of the president probably got Overton fired. Bo's lawyer says he plans on finding 'cinderella' (the one who made the claims in the first place) and questioning them. I'd love to see where that goes. all the reports of the sexual misconduct come from that poster, but all they say is that Bo had been accused and the Sky covered it up.

Edit: Article.

Sports have become the "front line" outlet of our Societies Problems and they rise to the surface.

Politics has always had that problem and sports has moved ahead of them - now with the internet, anyone can put

it forth to the public and the "masses" are screaming for people's heads. The power of the press!!!

Too bad sports has had to step into this mess; scandals, drinking/DUIs, physical & sexual abuse/harassment, player's poor & eratic behavior. Sounds like a political convention.

H*ll, this has been going on for years, it's just on the front page all the time. To the point we all get numb to it - too bad. It's the one thing a lot of us look forward to. These are the same b*st*rds who probably cheated in the kickball games during recess during our youth.

I look forward to spending time at a game or going with a group of friends to a game, but if all this continues, I don't want to spend my money on their tickets or merchandise. I'll spend my money else where!!! I am sure there are a lot more folk who feel this way.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived