Vintage Logos

ltravisjr

Thought this would be a good way to pass the time. Logos from the World of Logotypes in the 1970's. It seems back then they were really focused on type and geometry. It was nice to see the old US postal logo, and all the gas station logos are a must see. The original KC Kings logo is even in there.

-LT

Vintage Logos

wow, nice find. some of those are amazing IMO. i especially like the "aeromin" logo on page C-23, the Dorset logo on page D-20, and the electrical contractors fist holding a lightning bolt logo on page E-20. the list goes on, but those are my early favorites.

Reminded me of two companies I used to work for who had similar (and very nice IMO) logos:

Burlington Northern Air Freight (now BAX Global)

Then:

BNLogoSmall.GIF

Now:

Logo_bax%20global.jpg

And General Cinema Corp. (note the projector spells out GCC):

General-Cinema-logo.gif

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Reminded me of two companies I used to work for who had similar (and very nice IMO) logos:

Burlington Northern Air Freight (now BAX Global)

Then:

BNLogoSmall.GIF

Now:

Logo_bax%20global.jpg

And General Cinema Corp. (note the projector spells out GCC):

General-Cinema-logo.gif

I never saw it as a projector, but rather as simply the letters GCC stacked in a rather obvious and unimaginitive way.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived