La Crosse lacrosse

Viper

La Crosse Gladiators  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have designed a primary logo for the Gladiators, a fantasy NLL lacrosse team, located in, fittingly enough, La Crosse, Wisconsin. The logo concept is pretty much set, but I am not totally in love with the original color scheme of forest green, burgundy and pewter, so I have been doing a little experimentation with other colors, specifically black (in place of the forest green), crimson (in place of the burgundy) and metallic gold (in place of the pewter). The graphic below shows eight different versions of the Glads' logo, each in a different color combo. (The original version is in the upper left.)

lacrossegladiatorsprimayi8.png

So, in addition to/instead of the usual C&C, I've also created a poll where you can vote for the best color scheme. If you vote for "something else", please suggest a new color scheme. Thank you in advance for your input.

CCSLC signature.png

When I think of Gladiators I think black, not forest green.

Me too, which is why I am experimenting with it as the primary. The reasons I chose forest green at first are [1] as an homage to the Packers (along with the green G-shield) and [2] I'm considering relocating my fantasy hockey team to La Crosse as well, rebranding them as the River Knights, and using black as their primary color; and I don't want the two teams' looks to be too similar to one another.

CCSLC signature.png

When I think of gladiators, I think of Red and Gold so this gets my vote.

LacrosseLacrosse.png

I'm not really feeling this particular color combo for the primary. However I've already decided on red as the background color for the secondary logo (on the shoulders), and I'm also planning on doing a red alternate jersey.

For the rest of you (and hardys too), thank you for your input and votes. I've now pretty much settled on black for the primary color and pewter for the tertiary. As for the secondary, I'm still undecided on which shade of red to use. Crimson isn't quite dark enough for what I have in mind, but burgundy looks too brown. So, here's a little more experimentation, using a shade of red halfway between burgundy and crimson:

lacrossegladiatorsprimabz1.png

And here is the Glads' secondary logo, using the same updated color scheme:

lacrossegladiatorsseconnn5.png

The font is from the pre-RBK Edge Oilers alts, which is also what I'm planning on using for the wordmark.

CCSLC signature.png

just a point for consideration, the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse uses a burgandy and silver color scheme.

mfootball.jpg

Not sure if that will sway your decision on color, but it might.

This has occurred to me. Actually this wouldn't be my first fantasy team to have colors resembling a local college team. The Las Vegas Flying Aces' two main colors are shades of red and silver, a bit darker than but still similar to UNLV's colors.

Come to think of it, even some real pro teams have cribbed their colors from nearby colleges too. The Carolina Hurricanes (NC State) come to mind.

CCSLC signature.png

When I think of Gladiators I think black, not forest green.

Me too, which is why I am experimenting with it as the primary. The reasons I chose forest green at first are [1] as an homage to the Packers (along with the green G-shield) and [2] I'm considering relocating my fantasy hockey team to La Crosse as well, rebranding them as the River Knights, and using black as their primary color; and I don't want the two teams' looks to be too similar to one another.

actually, ive always thought its cool when owners or certain citys have a general colour scheme.

• 2 years later...

Archived